MMCX Pin Layout
Feb 27, 2019 at 3:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

TronII

Head-Fier
I'm currently making my own headphones and am thinking of using MMCX connectors for removable cables; however, every MMCX female connector I can find has three or four pins, and the drivers I'm using have two wires. Is there a way to connect the drivers to them, or should I use two pin connectors instead? If the latter, where can I find two pin female connectors?

Feb 27, 2019 at 11:54 PM Post #2 of 12
What kind of MMCX has more than 2 contacts? If it has, it is not a MMCX.

MMCX has a coaxial design, ground on the outside (socket) and hot on the center pin.

Feb 28, 2019 at 1:02 AM Post #3 of 12
Capture+_2019-02-12-01-14-33.png
The 2 red ones are mmcx too, but with 4 legs. Essentially, the 4 outer ones are the same pin, as they are attached to the shell of the connector. ClieOS is right, the shell will be ground (all 4 legs) and the center will be hot

Feb 28, 2019 at 1:06 AM Post #4 of 12

The 2 red ones are mmcx too, but with 4 legs. Essentially, the 4 outer ones are the same pin, as they are attached to the shell of the connector. ClieOS is right, the shell will be ground (all 4 legs) and the center will be hot

Thank you, I didn't think about how coaxial wires worked. How would I connect the two driver wires to three or four legs, though?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back