MM 450-X Travel vs. MDR-1RBT vs. ???
Apr 11, 2013 at 4:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

archagon

100+ Head-Fier
I've been looking for a new pair of audiophile-grade headphones, and I'd like to get a pair with fancy new features like Bluetooth and noise cancellation. I'll be using these at home as much as on the go, both in passive and wireless mode. I've been trying out the Sony MDR-1RBTs for the past few weeks and they've been great, but I've heard some amazing things about the Sennheiser MM 450-X Travel headphones and I'd like to know how they compare to the Sonys (or to other $300+ headphones) before I shell out the big bucks.

Have any of you had experience with both pairs of headphones? How does the audio quality compare? More generally, do the Sennheisers sound like a $300+ set of headphones (ignoring Bluetooth/NC/etc.)? What about comfort? I know that the Sonys are known for their exceptional comfort, but do the Sennheisers come close, at least? Do the Sennheisers sound as good in passive mode as they do in active? (I know some headphones sound very different in one mode versus the other, due to bass boost or other features that I don't have any interest in.) Do they have noise leakage?

Finally, are there any other wireless headphones with similar audio quality I should be looking at?

Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back