Mjolnir vs. V200 (vs. Soloist)
Aug 19, 2013 at 8:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Malefiz

New Head-Fier
Hello,
I am not completely satisfied with my Violectric V200 and I am thinking to buy a new amp.

My current setup is:
- Sony X707ES CD player
- Violectric HPA V200 (hooked to the CD player with Monster Cable M550i balanced cables)
- HiFiMAN HE-500 (with stock cable)

I think that the V200 does not deliver enough punch to suit my personal tastes (I listen mostly to rock music) and I am considering to buy a Schiit Mjolnir.

Does the Mjolnir have a distinctly, clearly audible, different sound signature than the V200?
I made a mistake once and I am not going to fail twice 
wink_face.gif

Or should I rather go for a Burson Audio Soloist?

If anyone would like to suggest something different, my budget is 1000 dollars (1000 euro for European readers- YES, in Italy the conversion rate for electronic products is 1 dollar = 1 euro...) and I do not want tube amps.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me!  
normal_smile .gif

Nov 15, 2013 at 10:09 PM Post #2 of 2
I can vouch for the Soloist. I listen VERY loud, and the HE-5LE are harder to drive the your HE500, so I think the soloist should be great. It's pretty punchy, and not warm at all.

Can't say much about the others, but I know that the Mjolnir is only balanced, and as such, you will need a balanced cable for your He500. I recomend taking a look at the For Sale Forums here, instead of paying retail.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back