+  Dual master clocks with <.5ps jitter

+  DAC: 129dB A-weighted DR

Analog

+  Proprietary ground loop elimination

+  No compromise audio path

+  1.5W Total headphone power

+  Eight low-noise regulated supplies

Complete Specifications

Note: Specifications are subject to change, but we've done our best to be as accurate and clear as possible.

Connections: Two 1/8" (3.5mm) unbalanced headphone/line outputs • Optical S/PDIF output with multichannel passthrough integrated into both 1/8" (3.5mm) outputs
 • One 1/8" (3.5mm) unbalanced stereo line-level input

Digital-to-Analog Conversion: Dynamic Range: 129dB A-weighted • Max output level: +8dBu
 • Frequency response: 0-94kHz +0/-3dB, 0-87kHz +/- 0.1dB
 • THD+N: <-108dB @ +8dBu

Analog-to-Digital Conversion: THD+N: <-108dB @ +12dBu
 • Dynamic range: 123dB A-weighted
 • Maximum input levels: +12dBu
 • Frequency response: 20-80KHz +/- 1dB
 • Input Impedance: 4.76kΩ

Audio Clock: USB Sync Mode: Asynchronous
 • Sample rate Support: Up to 192kHz / 24-bit
 • Clock Type: Two discrete MEMS-based (Micro-Electro-Mechanical System) clocks
 • Typical .5ps (500 femtoseconds) RMS Phase Jitter
 • Total Stability: +/- 10PPM (first year of aging included)
 • 10 year aging: +/- 5PPM

Latency: Round trip latency (monitoring delay): 3ms @ 192kHz

Headphones: Minimum Input Impedance: 4Ω
 • THD+N:  -112dB @ 0dBu
 • Dynamic Range: 128dB A-weighted
 • Separate driver for each headphone output • Total Output Power: 1.5W

Power: USB bus-powered
 • Eight separate low-noise regulated supplies provide super clean power
 • Proprietary topology eliminates audio ground loops

Operating System Support: Mac OSX 10.6.4 and above: USB 2.0 Class-Compliant, No Driver Needed, Plug and Play
 • Linux: USB 2.0 Class-Compliant, No Driver Needed, Plug and Play
 • Windows 7 and above: Up to 16-bit/48kHz support without driver, free driver to go up to 24-bit/192kHz

Package Contents: MIYO and USB Micro cable

Physical: Weight: 6oz. (170g)
 • Size: 2.8" x 1.5" x .75" (72mm x 39mm x 19mm)

Any experience insight to the performance on the given specs?

Dec 9, 2014 at 12:32 AM Post #2 of 35
It looks very intriguing. 1.5 W of power is a whole lot especially coming from something as small as that. I definitely want to know more about it.

Dec 10, 2014 at 12:07 PM Post #4 of 35
These should sound fine, nice and honest, at least, seeing as they come from an audio engineering background. The DAC is probably over-spec'ed for the real world DNR/THD+N it delivers, and they probably could've swapped the pricier PCM1792A for the PCM1795A or even lower end model and still squeezed that claimed 108 dBA SNR out of the unit, but whatever, no harm in using a higher end DAC chip (only cost). Lots of marketing fudging with respect to "MEMS oscillators"... LOL... but hey, at least they're using discrete oscillators with low phase noise, or so it seems.

Dec 16, 2014 at 10:37 AM Post #6 of 35
Only one thing I know that is MIYO use DAC chip as same as Cowon Plenue P1. They claim that they use audio-grade components and mount all of them on 6-layer circuit board likes Meridian Explorer.

Dec 16, 2014 at 3:56 PM Post #7 of 35
Hey guys, this is Jon from H2 Designs, the company behind MIYO. Just wanted to let you know we're here to answer any questions you may have. With regards to how MIYO might compare to other products at its price point, we're working now on compiling real-world measurements, and meanwhile  have technical specs based on the specs of our components published here for now. I look forward to answering anything about MIYO you guys want to know.

Dec 18, 2014 at 1:41 AM Post #8 of 35
Hey guys, this is Jon from H2 Designs, the company behind MIYO. Just wanted to let you know we're here to answer any questions you may have. With regards to how MIYO might compare to other products at its price point, we're working now on compiling real-world measurements, and meanwhile  have technical specs based on the specs of our components published here for now. I look forward to answering anything about MIYO you guys want to know.

Hi Jon, looking at the specs i guess it works via usb from pc only? Sorry im quite new to this portable dacs stuff. I usually juse just my dx90 :)

Dec 18, 2014 at 3:11 PM Post #9 of 35
MIYO can work with mobile devices just fine, actually. It's not the primary use case we had in mind, but it does work so long as the mobile device is USB Audio Class compliant. This would include Android 5.0 (API level 21) and up, and iOS, using the appropriate USB 'on-the-go' adapter or the Apple camera connection kit.

The catch is that mobile devices are not able to supply enough power to MIYO via USB, so you have to use a powered USB hub, power bank, or a Y cable that let's you get power from your device's power supply (ie; iPhone charger, etc). So while it will work, we don't think it's an elegant solution for listening/recording with a smartphone or tablet.

Jan 10, 2015 at 2:24 PM Post #13 of 35
@alexseiji: Yes, I'm using mine that way right now. The output level will come in lower than typical +4dBu line level gear (MIYO was designed for headphones first and foremost), maybe 6dB lower, but it sounds really great. And testing with line input loads has gone really well so far, as well.

@GinGinster: Thanks for your support – we're working very hard to get MIYO to our backers ASAP and in the best possible shape we can.

@freethot: Based on component choices and specs, I would expect MIYO to be a noticeable improvement. However, audio devices are surely not the sum of their parts, and the importance of specs pales in comparison to how it sounds to you specifically. In the end, it's always best to hear for yourself and decide what you like better.

Nov 17, 2015 at 12:52 PM Post #14 of 35
Hey everyone, just wanted to let you know MIYO is available and shipping now. We've just changed our warranty to a Lifetime policy to better reflect our confidence in the product, and also offer a no questions asked 15-day return policy. Lastly, all MIYO owners now get a 90-day extended trial of TIDAL Hi-fi (the lossless tier).

If you have any questions, we're here!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back