1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Mitchell & Johnson - Electrostatz, 2 way hybrid, Headphones Appreciation and Impressions Thread!

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by barondla, Dec 5, 2016.
First

Back
12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32
Next

Last
  1. Chein
    Thank you man for the confirmation. It's like what they show on the japanese m&j website then :

[​IMG]

Does anyone know if the wiring in Beyerdynamic T1/T5p/Amiron balanced cables is similar?

2. willsw
    From this thread: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/beyerdynamic-amiron-t1-2nd-gen-cable-pinout-question.866318/ it appears that the wiring is not similar.

I think M&J might be the only company to wire both sides of a dual entry cable to be stereo, so that there is no left or right on the stock cable. Most other companies that I'm aware of choose to save wire and wire each channel in a mono configuration, which makes more sense.

barondla and Chein like this.
  3. Astonish
    Scored a pair of these mj2 for $280 shipped brand new. Excited to try them out

Currently using isine 20 and m1060

barondla likes this.
  4. willsw
    Getting rid of a custom cable for a GL2 (or MJ1). Posted it in the For Sale forum.

barondla likes this.
  5. Benz-Fi
    I need a new cable for my JP1. I ordered a couple online but unless they were half way connected on the headphone side, no sound would come out. Finally I figured out why by reading some of the prior posts.

Does anyone know a replacement cable that will work without modifications?

6. Sujay Rao
    Sorry for the late reply. David Choy had the phones with him and checked the polarity. Also, the lit on the MJ2 says there is no right or left for the cable. The headphone apparently automatically assigns them, so it doesn’t matter how you plug it in. I’m not sure I get that.

7. Sujay Rao
    You could talk to David Choy at Triton Audio Cables. He knows the MJ2 wiring and did a great job with my cable. Very responsive guy.

8. Sujay Rao
    53EC85F6-999C-4793-9745-1F6FD249E8CF.jpeg 52FEF3B9-C46E-453F-B239-5F1EC2513723.jpeg A67C8475-F846-4A35-97DC-A8DBF5E3CD49.jpeg
    I had a pair of thick oval pads from Brainwaves, I think. Can’t remember when or why I got them. Probably for the AudioTech M50X. Really plush with excellent isolation. Inexpensive.
    The fit’s a bit less than snug. Not fall-off loose mind you. Need to rotate them around for the right lie. I’ve been using them since I got the MJ2s. May look unstable, but hasn’t once come off. Tremendous improvement in sound. Expectedly, bass is bigger.
    My suggestion, try something like these. Don’t waste money on an expensive stuff.

Last edited: May 27, 2018
  9. hullubullu
    The headphone wiring is different for both sides:

Right signal: Ring
    Left signal: Tip

Ground is sleeve.

So both connectors of the cable have signal for both sides, but the ear cup only connects to one of the signals: Right connects to ring, left to the tip.

For pono wiring see my previous post:

Last edited: May 27, 2018
    barondla likes this.
  10. hullubullu
    Thank you Sujay Rao! I will try to find some brainwavz pads!

11. willsw
    RockStar2005 and barondla like this.
  12. Astonish
    Got mine today, Mids sound very good on them vocals and strings are excellent. They have like no bass though

Any suggestions for eq app on iPhone?

13. Benz-Fi
    While not huge, my jp1definitely has bass. You should try them through an amp

14. Astonish
    Should have clarified, I got the MJ1

15. barondla
    @willsw, those are great looking cables. How do they sound compared to original cable?

RockStar2005 likes this.
First

Back
12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32
Next

Last