mitchb is ripping me off for $440
Aug 1, 2008 at 11:30 PM Post #3 of 160
this is another reported bad experience with this head-fier, which is a shame. he does seem to be an alright guy and genuinely interested/passionate about the hobby. but this kind of behavior - regardless of his current situation - is unacceptable.

i hope things get squared away and quickly.

vcoheda

Aug 1, 2008 at 11:41 PM Post #4 of 160
Ugh, I knew something was wrong with him when I first saw his huge Grado garage sale. It was taken off the FS forum within a few minutes, which made me wonder.

Then a few weeks ago, he had a RS-1 up for sale. I asked him if it was part of the huge Grado collection he was selling a few weeks ago. I also asked why his spelling suddenly went bad. I mean, seriously, it was like somebody was holding a gun to his head and making him type at 1,000 words a minute. Seemed very off-beat and suspicious.

Then he replies back all angry saying he failed grades 1, 2, and 3, and that's why his spelling has suddenly gone to heck. Seriously, I could care less; look at other posts he has written; they're cohesive and comprehensive.

In short, I don't know why anybody would take a chance dealing with this guy. He obviously has anger and financial issues he needs to sort out with himself before he deals around with other Head-Fi members.

Aug 2, 2008 at 12:12 AM Post #6 of 160
Quote:

Originally Posted by aaron313 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm of the opinion that when a member starts posing risks to other members, they should be banned (at least temporarily). Why take any chances at all?

That could lead to those members re-registering under new aliases (I believe there can only be so much monitoring done by the moderators WRT multiple accounts). Then we would never suspect these are the same people who were banned for earlier offenses. The feedback thread is an appropriate enough place to put warnings.

Regards.

Aug 2, 2008 at 12:20 AM Post #7 of 160
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Then a few weeks ago, he had a RS-1 up for sale. I asked him if it was part of the huge Grado collection he was selling a few weeks ago. I also asked why his spelling suddenly went bad. I mean, seriously, it was like somebody was holding a gun to his head and making him type at 1,000 words a minute. Seemed very off-beat and suspicious.

Then he replies back all angry saying he failed grades 1, 2, and 3, and that's why his spelling has suddenly gone to heck. Seriously, I could care less; look at other posts he has written; they're cohesive and comprehensive.

Is it possible that his accounts have been hacked and it's actually a different person sending messages?

Aug 2, 2008 at 12:26 AM Post #8 of 160
I'd be on the horn to the police. Nothing like an officer stopping by his house to provide a bit of motivation to do the right thing.

Aug 2, 2008 at 12:41 AM Post #9 of 160
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zorander /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That could lead to those members re-registering under new aliases (I believe there can only be so much monitoring done by the moderators WRT multiple accounts). Then we would never suspect these are the same people who were banned for earlier offenses. The feedback thread is an appropriate enough place to put warnings.

Regards.

Yes, but after one sale we would know the person has returned, because his name is revealed at paypal checkout.

A temporary ban could scare the person straight, if the offense is not too bad. Or what about banning a person from the FS forum?

Aug 2, 2008 at 12:44 AM Post #10 of 160
Aaron, you know what needs to be done.

Molotov_cocktail_flam.jpg

Aug 2, 2008 at 4:21 AM Post #13 of 160
Quote:

Originally Posted by RockCity /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You owe Duggeh five bucks.

And Duggeh owes Teal'c ten.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back