Minneapolis Meet July 20th 12PM-5PM @ The Needle Doctor
Jul 9, 2013 at 12:37 PM Post #46 of 93
I have been offered to demo a pair of LCD2 from Audeze.  I see that there will be one pair coming to the event.  Is there any interest in a second pair?  I will front the cash if need be the only problem is I don't have a worthy amplifier for the headphones.  Does anyone have an amplifier I could borrow?

Jul 9, 2013 at 6:57 PM Post #47 of 93
Great!! Ten or so people is a good number.

I will have a Taboo MKIII with me.  I also have a 'Q' French silk that can accommodate HD800, HifiMan, and Audeze in SE and balanced 3 and 4 pin XLR.  Just means we will have to swap out for what headphones people want to listen to.

Jul 9, 2013 at 7:24 PM Post #48 of 93
Cool, we will get more time per person to auction gears
How is parking in the area? Just spent a week in Chicago, forgot how parking space can be a luxury in some areas

Jul 9, 2013 at 7:27 PM Post #49 of 93
Parking is meh... Not great... But not bad..

Jul 10, 2013 at 5:39 PM Post #50 of 93
Oh dang! My friend sent me the link to this, didn't even know it was going on! I'm so there. I live like 10 minutes away.

Jul 12, 2013 at 2:22 PM Post #52 of 93
Do what you can sir! I'd like to have semi regular meets, SO if this goes well, I'll work on arranging meets at other places or just all of us meeting or whatever.

Jul 15, 2013 at 7:50 PM Post #53 of 93
Are well all excited?! lol

Jul 15, 2013 at 7:51 PM Post #54 of 93
So final headcount is 12, anyone else that wants to go just needs to speak up  before Wednesday lol

Jul 15, 2013 at 9:47 PM Post #55 of 93
Planning the packing party now, gotta figure out the best way to get all the gear safely into the truck and to the meet. May also need to get a cart to haul it all in with, too.

I am also looking forward to trying out he headphones they have at Needle doctor, may be taking a set or two home with me. 
biggrin.gif
  poor wallet doesn't know what its in for...
evil_smiley.gif

Jul 15, 2013 at 9:52 PM Post #56 of 93
they really only carry Grado in house, the rest comes from a magical warehouse. AND JESUS DUDE Y U NEED CART! LOL

Jul 15, 2013 at 10:13 PM Post #57 of 93
Quote:
Planning the packing party now, gotta figure out the best way to get all the gear safely into the truck and to the meet. May also need to get a cart to haul it all in with, too.

I am also looking forward to trying out he headphones they have at Needle doctor, may be taking a set or two home with me. 
biggrin.gif
  poor wallet doesn't know what its in for...
evil_smiley.gif

I'll help, but I'll need a hand or two myself!

Jul 15, 2013 at 11:02 PM Post #58 of 93
thanks again kvtaco17!  it's great to see a "dozen" or so MN head-fiers come out of the woodwork.  the last significant HP event here was when Tyll from Headroom showed up with his gang many years ago with the ASM in StLP.  i still have the HR coffee mug schwag. 

Jul 15, 2013 at 11:16 PM Post #59 of 93
Dude, I have three or so cases of stuff to bring in and looking at the parking situation (google earth street view) I may need to carry it a little bit to get it into the store.  I just like to be prepared to make one trip instead of having to walk back and forth to the parking lot.

And I may be leaving with more than I came with.  I called them up and they said they may have a few other phones I was interested in to listen to and I want to see some of the racks they have, too.  Heh, never know, pays to be prepared.

Jul 15, 2013 at 11:20 PM Post #60 of 93
Quote:
Dude, I have three or so cases of stuff to bring in and looking at the parking situation (google earth street view) I may need to carry it a little bit to get it into the store.  I just like to be prepared to make one trip instead of having to walk back and forth to the parking lot.

And I may be leaving with more than I came with.  I called them up and they said they may have a few other phones I was interested in to listen to and I want to see some of the racks they have, too.  Heh, never know, pays to be prepared.

I'll have my truck or my work van SO if you need help lemme know

Users who are viewing this thread

Back