Minneapolis Meet 9/20/14 Impressions! PICS! EVERYTHING!
Sep 22, 2014 at 6:25 PM Post #17 of 27
Very cool gear guys! I would have enjoyed listening to BearFNFs other gear given I only heard his ps500s at CanMania.

Sep 23, 2014 at 10:33 PM Post #18 of 27
Nice turnout.  
even though I was not there, still like to thank the organizers for their efforts and participants 
glad to read everybody had fun. 

am enjoying the reads especially the pics

Sep 23, 2014 at 10:50 PM Post #19 of 27
  Nice! They were cool - glad they showed up and livened the place up a bit.

And not just because they brought the beer.

Great meet guys!  I am always impressed by this community.  I look forward to the next one where I can hopefully contribute more.

Sep 24, 2014 at 10:10 AM Post #20 of 27
Hi guys,

I'd like to thank BearFNF once again for going out of his way to lock down the venue and have things set up for the meet. I took quite a few pictures and will post them shortly. But for now, my impressions. Everyone's system was a treat to listen to. Even though some were very differently-sounding than mine, you definitely learn to appreciate other people's sound priorities, and gear selection by actually listening to their setups and really putting your finger on what the strengths are, even though they may not be aligned with your preferences. 

My favorite setup was kvtaco's Glenn OTL amp, and it's had me scrambling all over the 2359glenn|studio thread trying to glean as much info as I can on it. I like that with tube changes you can cater to either low or high impedance cans, something my beloved Crack can't do. I listened to them with the Senn HD-800s, and definitely know I'd be over the moon with them and the LCD-2s.

Other highlights for me were the SPL phonitor setup (can't remember the owner's name) and JoelT's Gungnir - WA7 - LCD2 combo. I'm very familiar with the LCD2, and really liked what the Fazor upgrade does for them. 

All in all, it was a fun meet, and attendance was better than I expected. I'm definitely looking forward to the next get-together. My non-audiophile friend was also impressed with what he heard, and he is currently looking to purchase the Shure 1540s. So, I can emphatically say the day was a SUCCESS!

Sep 24, 2014 at 10:16 PM Post #21 of 27
Thanks Taco for getting the ball rolling and Bear for taking action and getting a venue locked down. Was nice to meet everyone and put some faces to the names. Sorry I didn't talk a lot, I rank a little high on the introversion scale. Had a great time sampling some new gear however. I should have trusted my instincts and just stayed home that day though, now I'm raiding my wallet and all my stash spots trying to scrounge up enough free cash to upgrade my amp situation. Your all horrible influences...haha, just kidding. Anyhow, was a great time.

Sep 25, 2014 at 1:56 PM Post #23 of 27
Oh man, looks like fun!  If I had known about this one I would have been there!  I'll have to try and keep a closer eye on the Meets section...
what's your gear? I wanna see what else I'm gonna hear next meet.

Sep 25, 2014 at 10:10 PM Post #25 of 27
I have a bunch of random stuff, though working in the industry can usually bring some gear for people to try.  Just enjoy getting to see everyone's setup!
post everything!!!!... 'ERRYTHING

Sep 26, 2014 at 6:34 PM Post #27 of 27
BTW, when IS the next one?  Let's not make it 6 months for the next meet, OK? 
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back