Mini3 Size Question
Sep 8, 2009 at 3:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

dbfreak

500+ Head-Fier
Does anybody know the highest point on a populated Mini3 board in either mm or inches?

Sep 8, 2009 at 3:41 PM Post #2 of 7
The highest point will actually be determined by the battery.

Putting calipers on the highest cap on a populated board I get .69 inches or 17.5mm including the pcb. The pcb is 1.5mm thick.

Sep 8, 2009 at 3:43 PM Post #3 of 7
I think in almost all cases that would be the battery.
However depending on how you install the clips and what battery you use I think it will differ by anything up to a mill or more.

Sep 8, 2009 at 4:00 PM Post #4 of 7
Thanks very much. Has anybody tried running the high performance edition wiring two batteries in parallel for extended run time?

Sep 8, 2009 at 4:49 PM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by dbfreak /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks very much. Has anybody tried running the high performance edition wiring two batteries in parallel for extended run time?

Careful doing that, IIRC if one battery discharges at a faster rate you can have messy issues.

Sep 8, 2009 at 5:36 PM Post #6 of 7
AFAIK, there would be issue charging as well.

Most 9V batteries are 6 or 7 AAAA batteries in series. Depending upon your case, you could make a pack of AAA or AA batteries. Cordless phone batteries are available in 3xAAA 800mAh packs that you could put two in series.

Sep 9, 2009 at 6:24 PM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by n_maher /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Careful doing that, IIRC if one battery discharges at a faster rate you can have messy issues.

Got it thanks. I know that current can be unforgiving and don't need a real life experience especially with li-on batts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back