mini3 amp shorted on charging cord...what needs replaced
Sep 15, 2009 at 1:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Tightwad

New Head-Fier
I built a mini3 headphone amp, the long life version, and the charging cord shorted against the case, and now the amp is very distorted. This creates a few questions...

What is likely to be bad, so I can replace it?
How can I prevent this from happening? I use it on a motorcycle, so I need to be able to power it while riding more than the 2 hour or so battery life.

Not quite as important, but still wondering...how can I configure it to charge on only 12 volts, instead of 15ish? It runs on 12, but doesn't seem to charge.

Sep 15, 2009 at 2:20 PM Post #2 of 4
This would get a better response in the DIY section but...
If you have the long life version then it should be running a LOT longer than that.
I think for memory (depending on the load) it should see you past 15 hours or there abouts.
Check the AMB web page.

Sep 15, 2009 at 2:27 PM Post #3 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by nattonrice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This would get a better response in the DIY section but...
If you have the long life version then it should be running a LOT longer than that.
I think for memory (depending on the load) it should see you past 15 hours or there abouts.
Check the AMB web page.

Whups...meant to post this in the DIY section.

Life was just an example...I took an 8 day trip, so 15 hours wouldn't even had gotten me past day one...

Sep 15, 2009 at 11:58 PM Post #4 of 4
Having a multimeter, I'd do the post build diagnostic steps to try to isolate issues. If that doesn't identify the issue, Amb would be able to tell you what to replace with those values. He helped a lot of people with their builds and has probably seen everything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back