Mini to RCA
Jun 16, 2005 at 12:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

Echopac

100+ Head-Fier
Looking for a good quality mini to RCA without breaking the bank, would prefer 6", 15cm no more than 12", 30cm, and also a mini to mini without breaking the bank, my head is spinning from all the research, and need a little crutch.
confused.gif

Jun 17, 2005 at 3:58 AM Post #2 of 14
Bump anything for under $50 ???

Jun 17, 2005 at 6:54 AM Post #4 of 14
I use the Kimber Kable--it seems very nice. And the yellow is cool!

Jun 17, 2005 at 12:06 PM Post #7 of 14
Check out this StraightWire from HeadRoom, and they also have the Kimber cable that was mentioned, but it's a bit more expensive.

Jun 17, 2005 at 12:31 PM Post #8 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by grandenigma1
a 6" mini to rca is pretty short... what are you going to be using it for?

check out the Zu Pivots on ebay or pick something up at Radio Shack... their gold series stuff is not half bad.

I want to velcro DAP to Amp and don't want a bundle of cable, I checked out the Kimber, they have a 12" but still up around the 50 mark, which may be what I'll end up with, but still not sold on hi end cables for mobile use. I may end up making my own. I'm a field EE and capable to make same, but in all my years in my business I've never seen a made up cable have the reliabilty/durability as a manufactured molded connector, also would like 90 degree on the mini end, I'll take another look at the Zu and the Shack. Thanks.

Jun 17, 2005 at 12:36 PM Post #9 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Echopac
I want to velcro DAP to Amp and don't want a bundle of cable, I checked out the Kimber, they have a 12" but still up around the 50 mark, which may be what I'll end up with, but still not sold on hi end cables for mobile use. I may end up making my own. I'm a field EE and capable to make same, but in all my years in my business I've never seen a made up cable have the reliabilty/durability as a manufactured molded connector, also would like 90 degree on the mini end, I'll take another look at the Zu and the Shack. Thanks.

Oh boy! a DoubleE! Fun times! I am a big fan of DIY if you are able... that way you can make exactly what you want to the budget you want! Might be hard to find a production right angel mini at your price.

Jun 17, 2005 at 12:37 PM Post #10 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Echopac

You want a right angle mini? Check out the link I just posted! It won't break the bank too
cool.gif

Jun 17, 2005 at 12:41 PM Post #11 of 14
the StraightWire does look like it should fit the bill nicely... its a good bit longer then you were looking for but you can always wrap it around the system once or just play around with it and see what you cant come up with.

Jun 17, 2005 at 1:33 PM Post #12 of 14
Thanks Thaddy, I missed that at HeadRoom, I'll check it out.

Jun 17, 2005 at 1:37 PM Post #13 of 14
BTW.... patiently waiting for my LaRocco PR from the group buy, the PR will have RCA in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back