Mini to mini
Aug 22, 2001 at 10:07 PM Post #17 of 28
Quote:

Hmm, nevermind, it's probably a MAC problem (ugh)...

Uh-huh... yeah... that's it
wink.gif

Dan, works fine on both Macs and PCs here...

Aug 22, 2001 at 10:23 PM Post #18 of 28
MacDEF: There has got to be something about you and Macs...but I just can't figure it out for the life of me.
biggrin.gif

Aug 22, 2001 at 10:47 PM Post #19 of 28
Quote:

I do think that $25 is steep for a cable, without shipping

In other forums here, we routinely talk about $300 + for RCA cables, but a mini-to-mini for $25 is steep? (Yes, I have one of the StraighWire cables, and think they sound better than a cheapo mini-to-mini cable
wink.gif
)

Quote:

MacDEF: There has got to be something about you and Macs...but I just can't figure it out for the life of me.

LOL! Nothing complicated, Tim... they just work
wink.gif
But you'll notice I said that it worked on both platforms... trying to be objective.

P.S. As someone who has supported networks of over 600 devices, both Mac and PCs (well, and UNIX, too), I tend to get annoyed at ignorant comments about either platform. Unfortunately, that ire is raised far more often by PC users. Most Mac users have also used PCs, while most PC users don't really know anything about Macs, so the uninformed comments usually come from PC users. The fact is that the vast majority of criticisms you hear about Macs were either never true or haven't been true for years. When you're as anal-retentive as I am
wink.gif
you can't help but respond with accurate information.

Aug 22, 2001 at 11:12 PM Post #20 of 28
Quote:

Originally posted by MacDEF

The fact is that the vast majority of criticisms you hear about Macs were either never true or haven't been true for years. When you're as anal-retentive as I am
wink.gif
you can't help but respond with accurate information.

Ill have to agree about the Mac most good software comes out first for Mac then PC
Many good software ideas are copied from Mac
Remember earlier when Bill Gates was accused of copying the MAC OS for Win95??

On topic go for the straightwire...very good cable for starters and you cant beat headroom service
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 22, 2001 at 11:28 PM Post #21 of 28
Quote:

The fact is that the vast majority of criticisms you hear about Macs were either never true or haven't been true for years.

Fact is, I've been using Macs for close to 10 years now and the only criticsm I've ever heard is "There's not enough software."
Bottom line.......Macs have always been for people who want to actually produce something on a computer, while PCs seemed to attract people who either thought all that software lining the store's shelves was actually useful, or that wanted to delve into the innards of the computer and somehow feel as if they were in control. Different strokes...........
smily_headphones1.gif

Off topic.......sorry.

Aug 23, 2001 at 12:59 AM Post #22 of 28
Um....I thought $25 was steep for mini-to-mine when a Monster was CHEAPER! I mean, monster is usually overpriced....and hear I see the Straightwire 2.5x as expensive! Guess I'll just spring for the Straightwire. Oh, it isn't STEEP, per se, it's just I'm a cheap guy...considering I have no income, it isn't a bad thing
smily_headphones1.gif

Jude....I saw the Monster mini-to-mini (gold plated) at a MiniDisc site...here it is:

http://shop.store.yahoo.com/planetmi...oncabsmin.html

Aug 23, 2001 at 1:16 AM Post #23 of 28
Well, I just received my ety's, ta, and airbag today. The ta comes with the straightwire, and I must say, it seems like a nice cable. Appears it would be much nicer for portable use than that monster, especially with the plugs at right angles. Maybe that's just me though
smily_headphones1.gif

Anyway, listenin' to the ety's right now, albeit on my main rig, not through the ta yet. I don't have my portable cdp yet, should get here soon...um, this is about cables, so I'll leave the ety talk for later
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 23, 2001 at 1:21 AM Post #24 of 28
forget what the thread is about!
smily_headphones1.gif

How are your Etys?

Aug 23, 2001 at 2:04 AM Post #25 of 28
Well, if you must ask...
smily_headphones1.gif

I really didn't know what to expect... first of all, getting a seal was pretty easy for me. I just followed the instructions. Pull your ear up and back, insert til you get the seal (not too far of course), and you're set.

As far as isolation goes, wow! I turned up my speakers really loud while I was listening to them, and could only tell because of the vibrations I could feel on the floor! It'll take some getting used to, having my ears plugged like this, but still hearing great music!

As far as sound goes, they seem very balanced and neutral. At first I thought "these are really bright", but they're not really. Bright would be grado's, these are just detailed and balanced IMO. I havne't really listened enough to form a proper opinion, but they're nice. I'm listenin' with some stuff that I really judge equipment by right now, so I'll post more later. And not being able to hear my annoying loud computer when I listen is a blessing!
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 23, 2001 at 7:18 AM Post #26 of 28
Hope I'm not beating a dead horse (
smily_headphones1.gif
) by asking again, but what ARE the good cables are that people have used, how much are they, and where can I get them? Since It's for portable use, I'd like one that's pretty flexible that can bend trough zippers and pockets in the bag that holds the rig that I just put together. I've got the headphones, the amp, the bag, and I'm getting another PCDP in the mail anyday now, so I'm just down the the cables.

Aug 23, 2001 at 2:00 PM Post #28 of 28
Yes.....back to the cables
smily_headphones1.gif

er, wait - Glad you're happy, flumpus! Etys.....they must be brilliant!

NOW we get back on-topic:

I think I'm going to get the Straightwire....end of discussion
biggrin.gif

j/k

Users who are viewing this thread

Back