Mini-Review: digiZoid ZO "portable subwoofer"
May 20, 2011 at 11:07 PM Post #153 of 996
Very interesting.  Thx for the explanation.  Now here's a hypothetical for those that have the ZO.  Does increasing the 'enhancement' values improve low volume listening as one would assume from the graph.  I tend to prefer flat to mid forward which sucks for for low volume but V shapes can be great for that with the FX700 being one of the best I've heard for that.

May 21, 2011 at 12:24 PM Post #154 of 996

Quote:

However, similar to Munkyballz, I really enjoy them with the ZO at very low settings, at least for certain genres or records (while other phones like the PFE or e-Q5 I love with half-to-full ZO processing in effect, with basically any audio track).

hey dfkt,

i know you got some of the same stuff iv got and generally the same views on what portable is, I still have my pfe and look forward to trying the zo with them because without the green filters the definetley need some more thump.   However i was wondering if you had tried it out with you hje900 (ie hje/clip+/zo combo) if you still have them.

Im back to using my clip+ due to a golfing rage incident with my cube c30 (tinkering with the idea of another but may hold on for reviews of the x3) but it sounds a bit less exiting than the cube.

Also where can i find this in europe or with delivery to europe.... having a nightmare trying to get hold of one.

anyone chime in?

cheers

May 21, 2011 at 4:11 PM Post #155 of 996

Quote:
Very interesting.  Thx for the explanation.  Now here's a hypothetical for those that have the ZO.  Does increasing the 'enhancement' values improve low volume listening as one would assume from the graph.  I tend to prefer flat to mid forward which sucks for for low volume but V shapes can be great for that with the FX700 being one of the best I've heard for that.

Might not be the most technical answer, but in my personal experience, the ZO does make the JVC's sound "richer" and less hollow (not that they are hollow sounding, of course), and a touch warmer.  For most music genres, except maybe classical, it does provide a more dynamic and enjoyable (though slightly more softer, rounder-notes wise) listening session (at low levels) versus w/o the ZO.

May 21, 2011 at 4:38 PM Post #156 of 996
How does the fa-011 sound with the Zo at the lowest setting?

Getting delivered today...exciting =D

This thing is MAGIC!!!!  
L3000.gif

This thing gave the ad700 which honestly is not good for music with bass and it brought  bass out of nowhere  lol

May 21, 2011 at 7:18 PM Post #157 of 996

Quote:
How does the fa-011 sound with the Zo at the lowest setting?

Getting delivered today...exciting =D

This thing is MAGIC!!!!  
L3000.gif

Good question.  Not sure if the ZO would be overkill with the bass from the fa-011.  Still waiting for GD-Audiobase to get back to me about a replacement set from my "smoking" pair, but maybe I'll pull them out of the box and give the combo a listen if I still don't hear back soon.

May 21, 2011 at 8:15 PM Post #158 of 996
Sweet, thanks munk!!!  Yeah, I've got my fa-011's coming....when they decide to lol.  By the way most people put it, it would more than likely be nice on the first setting and that's about it.

May 21, 2011 at 8:43 PM Post #159 of 996

Quote:
hey dfkt,

i know you got some of the same stuff iv got and generally the same views on what portable is, I still have my pfe and look forward to trying the zo with them because without the green filters the definetley need some more thump.   However i was wondering if you had tried it out with you hje900 (ie hje/clip+/zo combo) if you still have them.

Im back to using my clip+ due to a golfing rage incident with my cube c30 (tinkering with the idea of another but may hold on for reviews of the x3) but it sounds a bit less exiting than the cube.

Also where can i find this in europe or with delivery to europe.... having a nightmare trying to get hold of one.

anyone chime in?

cheers

Golfing rage incident? Do tell.

Ok, just gave the ZO a try with the HJE900 (foam-modded, PFE tips). What I hear with Burial or Boxcutter at ZO level 4 is stellar - just the way Dubstep is meant to be. The ZO phattens the midrange of the HJE, beefs up the bass, and leaves the sparkling (foam-modded) treble as-is.

Switching to Badalamenti's Twin Peaks soundtrack... same thing, rich and full, more of the additional midrange that the HJE sure can handle, none of the clarity and sparkle lost. Very engaging, very dynamic - and faster than expected.

Neko Case - Fox Confessor is a bit sibilant with the HJE, no matter if ZO or not. The double bass sure gains presence without getting overbearing at low ZO levels. You won't go very high there, or it will get boomy. Still, applied sparingly, it sounds very rich and still balanced.

May 21, 2011 at 9:16 PM Post #160 of 996
As always many thanks mate looks like ill be picking one up when i can find a source :) ill be trying out those tunes as well.

The incident is kinda a freak occurance and kind of hard to detail but ill have a go, you had seen it itd be the funniest moment of your year,  im a member of Carnoustie Scotland and a low handicap so if a fit of rage about hitting the ball into water at the 10th i was about to jump down into the water to hit my shot, only under the drink by about 1 inch so was playable, my partner mentioned i was a f..... idiot i turned to just as politley  return a tirade of profanity in doing so my cart had stopped rolling, i was still walking but not looking, i narrowly avoided a nut shot by the handle and proceeded to fall backwards in to the deeper portion of the hazard the cube got moist and now cuts out depending on the headphone postion ( a bit of wiggle helps but it does my head in trying to get it right hence going back to the clip+).

May 22, 2011 at 3:08 AM Post #162 of 996
Lack of advertising and somewhat unbelievable claim until you hear it for yourself.  It's only a matter of time though, hopefully.  

May 22, 2011 at 1:03 PM Post #164 of 996
Zune hd ----> cmoybb 2.03 w boost off -----> Zo 1-2 clicks -----> ath m50 = 
basshead.gif
  Great for bass heavy genre now =)

Zune hd --->cmoybb v2.03 w/boost on ----> zo 1-4 clicks ----> ad700 = All the good things the ad700 offers but WITH BASS 
atsmile.gif
 which was the only thing I wished it had.  Now it's perfect to my ears for genre with light bass.

May 24, 2011 at 5:00 AM Post #165 of 996
Just ordered one from sharperimage, i think they are the only one selling it.

but unfortunately they dont ship it to Australia, so had to go through a shipping agent, now the waiting game begin, also ordered a E11, will nice to find out how the combo work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back