mini ipod - uber armored behemoth
May 29, 2004 at 6:53 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

KingKung

New Head-Fier
hey i got a mini ipod the first day it came out via INTERNET! my first impression is that it was tight but then my smile crumbled. first of all the outer casing is kinda metalic and very strong. thats what i like. i dropped it riding my bike ran over it with the back tire and it still worked fine. my friend was playing catch and the butter fingers dropped it, barely a scratch, still worked fine. BUT THE ONE THING THAT BROIKE MY IPOD IS SOME FAT KID AND HIS OVER ZEALOUS AMBITION TO RUN. while safely stored in my glasses case in my backpack, some lardass stepped on my backpack and managed to crack the screen. mini ipods only weakness!(in durrability) i recomend getting a case to protect the screen, to all u mini ipod users...

May 29, 2004 at 7:04 AM Post #2 of 11
awww, sorry to hear that.

May 29, 2004 at 7:14 AM Post #3 of 11
Wow, that is tough, I hope my iBook can stand the same wears.

Harsh words to the kid who stepped on you bag :anger and general resentment for mean people:

May 29, 2004 at 8:14 AM Post #5 of 11
Why isn't anyone asking this important question: why don't you make the fat kid pay for it? Use the small claims court. If you're under age you shouldn't be brining that sort of thing to school.

May 29, 2004 at 8:19 AM Post #6 of 11
If you ran over it with a bike, then played catch with it, I have a feeling this ipod mini was doomed from the start..
biggrin.gif

May 29, 2004 at 9:29 AM Post #7 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeBuzzsaw
well rma it to apple. they'll replace but it'll take forever.

I believe User damage, is an iffy area of RMA.., goodluck though

May 29, 2004 at 4:47 PM Post #8 of 11
I can't believe some people actually run over their iPod with their bike. God, I treasure the simplest thing I have, not to mention my iPod (which costs prolly more than anything else I treasure). I just don't understand..
rolleyes.gif

May 29, 2004 at 8:35 PM Post #9 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by PooJou
I believe User damage, is an iffy area of RMA.., goodluck though

Well, yea, but if your nice they'll do it anyways. Go to the apple store and ask them for a replacement. They will most likely do it even if you inflicted the damage yourself. Many of my freinds have dropped their ipod and got a replacement from the apple store.

May 31, 2004 at 8:43 AM Post #10 of 11
actually, in my experience, the mini is more scratch resistant than the full size ipod, but i'd hardly call it scratch proof. i dropped mine in a lajo xskin3 case getting out of a taxi and it dented in the corner. guess the aluminum is relatively soft

May 31, 2004 at 9:14 AM Post #11 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by pic9809
actually, in my experience, the mini is more scratch resistant than the full size ipod, but i'd hardly call it scratch proof. i dropped mine in a lajo xskin3 case getting out of a taxi and it dented in the corner. guess the aluminum is relatively soft

its milled from a solid block of aluminum from what i read so it should be a good combination of strength and light weight but even then it can get damaged as you said. they could do steel or a nickel alloy but it would be quite a bit heavier. the iRiver iHP uses magnesium (so i read) but its not the strongest either. i guess its a hard issue to balance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back