Mini Dac TDA1543 X 4 NOS
Mar 17, 2011 at 2:56 PM Post #271 of 1,063
>> T.IIZUKA

Uh, I'm sorry about Japan tragedy... :frowning2:(

You said that Teradak Supply is adjustable DC from 5V-10V. By some switch or changing resistors ? Manufacturers 8V DC output was too low to drive Muse ?

Mar 22, 2011 at 3:17 AM Post #273 of 1,063

I used it by a compact combination.
biggrin.gif

MUSE-AUDIO TDA1543x4 DAC + TeraDak PSU + CORDA Head-Five
Please compare the size of a CD case.

The sound of the tendency unlike the machinery which I use mainly comes out.
Can be set in the vicinity.
Too easy a short headphone cable. (Eg, Grado)

Mar 25, 2011 at 3:36 PM Post #280 of 1,063

Quote:
1) I assume I have to use a Voltmeter to measure the output

2) The seller says I got the right input-voltage

Use a volt meter and take the voltage measurements with the dac playing music connected to the input of the amp.  At the solder points of the black jack for the power input.

Mar 25, 2011 at 9:55 PM Post #281 of 1,063
I would try the output Voltage first before connecting it if you aren't sure.

I used the 12V (it said on the label...) of a t-amp and got some strange results, first it played well. Then the red connectionlight flashed, then again, and again and again and then fully lit. I just modded a new one. I was like: "What?" Switched to optical... Same.

Then I had the bright idea to check the input V. The powersupply actually gave 15V! It really didn't appreciate that. :cool:

So don't assume, check. Or you'll fall victim to Murphy's Law.

BTW, I'm gladd your allright IIzuka!!!. :eek:
Hopefully the power will stay on, and nothing else is going to happen to Daiichi and daini. The press really isn't telling us the full seriousness of the situation to keep everybody calm.

Mar 26, 2011 at 12:17 AM Post #282 of 1,063

It is only bad news every day. Head-Fi is comfortable. 
bigsmile_face.gif

The sound from NOS-DAC does not have stimulation. 
This matches the present listening environment.

Quote:
1) I assume I have to use a Voltmeter to measure the output

2) The seller says I got the right input-voltage

I adjust it while measuring it in a tester.

I searched it and examined it, but did not understand whether the PSU supported 230V. 
You cannot but believe a seller.

Mar 26, 2011 at 5:01 AM Post #283 of 1,063
Thanks:) I'll report on my success rate with voltmeter-handling

Quote:

It is only bad news every day. Head-Fi is comfortable. 
bigsmile_face.gif

The sound from NOS-DAC does not have stimulation. 
This matches the present listening environment.

I searched it and examined it, but did not understand whether the PSU supported 230V. 

Mar 27, 2011 at 12:27 PM Post #284 of 1,063
I ordered 3 new ones yesterday. They are selling like hot buns; modified. :)

I just have a small problem: I opened the one I just got this week and looked under the cooling goo. I noticed that one of the brown caps is missing. Speaking without thinking I would say it is broken. So I put in a complaint with the seller (let them sweat a little). I wouldn't mind if they would put some more emphasis on QC.

But since I'm not that dumb, it is simply a bypass cap of 0.1µF 100V isn't it? If I look at the diagram, it is the one between pin 4 and 5. Does that even matter that there is 1 missing if/when there are 3 more in parallel? Does it make any difference (in soundquality) what kind I use?

Edit: I wanted to rewrite a little of my bad English. I had to get my head out of Chinglisch mode 1st.

Edit2 :
I ordered some stuff just now. I wanted some nice soft blue leds at a better price than the local Radioshack (clearly not the same reseller but you know what I mean). I ordered 50 diffuse blue, and some ultraviolet, and some pink/purple (so gay :redface:, I know. But very stylish). And I get the same amount of resistors with it so I can adjust the input voltage to 7.13 or 6.92V. Just to be safe.
0753.jpg

And some very small on-on switches. So you dont have to disconnect the 12V line every time.

[offtopic] hmm, I don't know how te reduce the size of linked pictures on headfi. Sorry 'bout that.[/offtopic]

Mar 28, 2011 at 4:13 PM Post #285 of 1,063
Got it working!! Set it to approx. 9.2 V. Never used a voltmeter before :)

T.IIZUKA ->

What Ampere do you measure out of the TeraDak PSU

Quote:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back