Mini Cooper
Oct 31, 2002 at 4:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 24

bootman

King o'Ping
Anyone else dig this car?

450_redcooper.jpg

Looks like it would be a blast to drive.

Oct 31, 2002 at 6:19 AM Post #2 of 24
heh oh yeah the car looks good in the mist of rice, also looks good by itself
smily_headphones1.gif
I've seen so few around here though only a couple though
frown.gif

I heard the mini cooper had really great handling! I wonder how heavy it is...

Oct 31, 2002 at 6:29 AM Post #3 of 24
I remember back in the 60's when members of The Beatles each owned two or three of these. They said they enjoyed the minis much more then their Rolls. The mini coopers have only recently been made street legal in the states...

smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 31, 2002 at 6:45 AM Post #4 of 24
Yes!

The mini cooper is so cool... I've endured much ridicule from my friends for supporting it, but I stand by my convictions.

BTW, anyone who owns a Playstation 2, the mini cooper has its own race in the game gran turismo 3. nothing quite like 6 mini coopers going at it... (wow that sounded kinda dirty...)
biggrin.gif

Oct 31, 2002 at 7:04 AM Post #5 of 24
I used to own a 1964 and a 1966 Mini Estate Countryman. It was the woody wagon version. I'd love to see them do a modern rendition of that variant, but I'm not holding my breath for that to happen.

Somewhere, I have a picture of the '64 parked next to a Triumph Spitfire I also had at the time. The Spitfire never looked so big.

Yes, the Minis were vastly more reliable than the Triumph, even though they were all afflicted with Lucas Electrics.

Oct 31, 2002 at 7:13 AM Post #6 of 24
Those new Minis are soooo cool. I have seen 3 or 4 of them. Since they are built by BMW Rover I expect them to be quite fun and reliable. I wish we had gotten one of them rather than this Explorer we have. The Ford dealer we got the Explorer from had special ordered a Mini in for someone. I found that odd.

Oct 31, 2002 at 8:07 AM Post #7 of 24
i've seen 3 of them regularly parked around my dorm, kinda surprising. they'll most likely explode with popularity later this year or early next year. watch out honda and toyota
biggrin.gif

Oct 31, 2002 at 8:15 AM Post #8 of 24
Quote:

Originally posted by kin3tix
watch out honda and toyota
biggrin.gif

Unless those can tuned from mini coopers to mini rice rockets, i doubt it will have any affect on honda & toyota's market.
biggrin.gif

Oct 31, 2002 at 8:26 AM Post #9 of 24
Quote:

Originally posted by Pepsione1
from mini coopers to mini rice rockets

man, i don't think i can possibly imagine that car looking like that. i've actually seen one of the minis here with upgraded tires with rims (maybe they were 17's, not sure) than what it comes with stock, and it actually looked pretty good.

Oct 31, 2002 at 1:25 PM Post #12 of 24
I used to live down the street from a garage that did alot of work on mini's. I think it was the place to go in Toronto for mini's. I kinda fell in love with the little things from that.

Pepsione1,

I wouldn't be suprised to see aftermarket parts for these that will put them in the same league if not beyond.

Oct 31, 2002 at 2:11 PM Post #13 of 24
i think these things are great! they don't cost too much either and i'm glad to see that they've been taken pretty well around here (so far).

the cooper s is definitely cool. gotta dig the supercharged 190hp engine.
biggrin.gif

also, the automatic transmission is the new kind, without gears like the ones they have in the hybrid cars. sounds very cool, but i'd rather have the cooper s with the six speed. if you go really crazy with the options, i think it'll go up to about $23k so i really hope they stick around.

they also sound pretty safe: each car has six airbags in it. also, the sunroof is two pieces of glass and encompases almost the entire roof of the car! i can't wait till somebody i know gets one so i can get a closer look at it.
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 31, 2002 at 6:00 PM Post #14 of 24
If I needed a non-convertible people mover under 20K, that would be my car!

Oct 31, 2002 at 6:05 PM Post #15 of 24
Too bad their so expensive here. I think they start around $25,000.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back