Jan 28, 2007 at 2:11 AM Post #2 of 371
BATTERY POWERED TUBE HYBRID!!!!
Are you serious!!??
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Jan 28, 2007 at 4:58 PM Post #7 of 371
Jan 29, 2007 at 10:31 PM Post #10 of 371
If it's a DIY, then it'll be my first big project as well. I'll probably need alot of help since all I've done is a basic CMoy. =[ Time to start reading up and learning as much as I can before this bad boy is released. =] If it's released that is.

Jan 30, 2007 at 2:57 AM Post #12 of 371
Sorry for the suspense. I'm still weighing my options. I might:

A) Decide to build them and sell them myself

B) Work a deal with an existing headphone amp manufacturer to build and sell them

C) Publish it (AudioXpress?) and maybe sell PCB's

I'm leaning towards A) but I'll let you all know in a few more days...

It was one of the most difficult designs I've done... mostly because of the power supplies, not the audio part. It's not easy to design supplies that are very, very efficient, and also sound good (or rather, don't "sound" at all!). Also not a real easy DIY project because of all the SMT stuff on the backside. For those reasons I am a little reluctant to "give it away".

The internal Lithium Ion battery powers it for more than 40 hours at the levels I listen to. I'm not quite sure how much more than 40 hours because I haven't run the battery all the way down yet. Recharge time (uses a 5V wall adapter) takes less than 2 hours.

It measures 106mm long (excluding knob) x 72mm wide x 19mm tall.

It will drive around 8V RMS into higher-Z headphones like the HD600, and ~2.5V RMS into 32 ohms. More than enough to make your ears bleed.

When... If? it is available I would expect a price of around $400.00.

Pete

Jan 30, 2007 at 3:26 AM Post #13 of 371
Pete it was the best portable I've ever heard bar none! I'll be saving my pennies and hoping it's not too long before it's available. It was equally great to meet you sir!

Jan 30, 2007 at 3:32 AM Post #14 of 371
Wow Pete... Good Luck with whatever you choose!! Your fans are eagerly awaiting your latest design
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Garrett
rs1smile.gif
rs1smile.gif
rs1smile.gif

Jan 30, 2007 at 3:49 AM Post #15 of 371
DROOL!! Along with that sound Homer makes. Really hard to type that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back