Millett "Starving Student" hybrid amp
Nov 13, 2009 at 10:15 PM Post #4,156 of 7,277
I have some boards drawn up for a HV regulator that uses a LM317HV and a few people around here have them The board supports a few different versions, including a temperature compensated version, a MOSFET pass, and a Darlington BJT version. It's pretty much good to whatever you want it to be, and I've gone as high as 500V. If there's a wider use for the board, I'd offer them up for general sale if there was a convenient way to do so. It's a very neat way to do a HV supply, and performs amazingly well.

Nov 14, 2009 at 5:25 AM Post #4,158 of 7,277
Yay! Kit ordered!

Now I need to get my act together and get the parts arranged for the other variant's tubes that I bought.
smily_headphones1.gif

Maybe later tonight.

Nov 14, 2009 at 6:11 AM Post #4,160 of 7,277
Midnight, Eastern time is 9:00PM Pacific time.
smily_headphones1.gif

My worry was that I'd still be at work... Tom's reassured us that they won't run out tonight, though, and I believe him.

Now I'm looking up how to make decals to label the case neatly. 'Cause my handwriting isn't gonna cut it.

Nov 14, 2009 at 6:31 AM Post #4,162 of 7,277
Ah, the shipping's a killer. Looks like I won't have enough to get one.
frown.gif

Nov 14, 2009 at 6:41 AM Post #4,163 of 7,277
Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptHowie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ah, the shipping's a killer. Looks like I won't have enough to get one.
frown.gif

Sorry about that, but I can't ship an entire kit without insurance (I pay for the insurance, though.). Priority Mail International is the minimum service where USPS allows insurance.

Nov 14, 2009 at 1:26 PM Post #4,164 of 7,277
Wiii!
I have ordered the kit (and some other necessary parts for ptp build).
I'm so excited hehe.

Tomb, if my order passes your eyes and ANY questions pop up when you read my (in messy english written) commentary, plz don't hesitate to ask, even if it delays my order for days. I'd rather wait and be sure I don't miss a thing then spend extras on shipping costs for 1/2 parts.

Great service, you guys are the men!

Nov 14, 2009 at 1:50 PM Post #4,165 of 7,277
Quote:

Originally Posted by Llama16 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wiii!
I have ordered the kit (and some other necessary parts for ptp build).
I'm so excited hehe.

Tomb, if my order passes your eyes and ANY questions pop up when you read my (in messy english written) commentary, plz don't hesitate to ask, even if it delays my order for days. I'd rather wait and be sure I don't miss a thing then spend extras on shipping costs for 1/2 parts.

Great service, you guys are the men!

Thanks for your note on the invoice. I believe I can meet your needs. If not, I'll let you know.
wink.gif

Nov 14, 2009 at 5:02 PM Post #4,167 of 7,277
Quote:

Originally Posted by Llama16 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks alot Tom.
I understand if you can't, I already thankfull for your effort.
let me know if some extra costs pop up, I won't mind paying another 2 dollars for the other sockets.

No - I have what you need - it's not an issue. I'd appreciate you taking a look at the note I gave you, though - there's a slight question I have about something else.

Nov 16, 2009 at 3:57 PM Post #4,169 of 7,277
Tom,

I was wondering if you were aware of the broken links (maybe it's just me??) on the starving student portion of DIY Audio's build? Just wondering (among all your other busy things!!!
wink.gif
) if it was maybe an easy fix.

Dan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back