Millett-Hybrid Tube Amp Discontinued at HeadRoom!
Oct 29, 2008 at 5:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

JorgeC

Sponsor: HeadRoom
Hey All,

We have decided to discontinue the HeadRoom Millett-Hybrid Tube headphone amp effective immediately. It's been a great run for that venerable & unique-sounding HR product but we hope to develop some new vacuum tube head-amp designs sometime in the next couple of years, perhaps including some sweet OTL topologies.
very_evil_smiley.gif

FYi ~ We currently have ONLY one (1) last brand-new HeadRoom Millett-Hybrid unit [w/ the 'Class-A' Home module] remaining on the shelf as of this writing... When that one ships, they're gone forever and officially "collectable"!
wink_face.gif

Cheers,
Jorge
HR Sales/Product Manager

Oct 29, 2008 at 6:24 PM Post #2 of 6
No wonder they were on sale.
biggrin.gif

Any chance of a micro tube amp?
wink.gif

Nov 8, 2008 at 1:26 AM Post #5 of 6
I'm glad you plan on revisiting tubes in the future. I've always wanted to see what Headroom could come up with in a valve amp aimed at something closer to a Max level of refinement. Make it balanced and that would be to die for.

Nov 9, 2008 at 8:05 AM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Porcelain Heart /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm glad you plan on revisiting tubes in the future. I've always wanted to see what Headroom could come up with in a valve amp aimed at something closer to a Max level of refinement. Make it balanced and that would be to die for.

It's a very long and technical conversation, but I believe that balancng a tube amp is not advisable as it tends to cancel out some of the anomolies that makes tube so desirable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back