Millet Max Hybrid Problem
Feb 23, 2013 at 1:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

daggerlee

500+ Head-Fier
Took the amp out of storage where it had been for a couple of years. 

Tubes seem to be okay, both glow and voltage is stable.

Right MOSFET channel measures 0 mV no matter what - turn the trimpot all the way clockwise, then 10-20 turns counterclockwise, nothing, although sometimes the mV will fluctuate between 200mV - 1V, but move the trimpot anymore and it goes ack to 0.

Left MOSFET channel is stable and can be adjusted by the trimpot. 

I switched the tubes to make sure it wasn't the tubes that was causing the problem.

Any ideas?

Feb 23, 2013 at 2:39 PM Post #2 of 5
Quote:
Took the amp out of storage where it had been for a couple of years. 

Tubes seem to be okay, both glow and voltage is stable.

Right MOSFET channel measures 0 mV no matter what - turn the trimpot all the way clockwise, then 10-20 turns counterclockwise, nothing, although sometimes the mV will fluctuate between 200mV - 1V, but move the trimpot anymore and it goes ack to 0.

Left MOSFET channel is stable and can be adjusted by the trimpot. 

I switched the tubes to make sure it wasn't the tubes that was causing the problem.

Any ideas?

Could be the trimmer was hanging on by a thread and came loose from taking it out of storage.  Do the tubes bias OK?  Short of some pics and a thorough inspection, I'm just guessing.
wink.gif

Feb 25, 2013 at 11:56 AM Post #5 of 5
Now I have a new problem... there's a static hum/hiss in the left channel that's there and doesn't change with the pot. Amp sounds fine, music sounds fine... any idea? 

EDIT: think one of the tubes wasn't seated properly

Users who are viewing this thread

Back