Millet Hybrid Help
Jul 27, 2005 at 2:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Zemo

500+ Head-Fier
So, I'm buiding a millet hybrid on the DIYcable PCB....after many many weeks of waiting, finally got the enclsoure from par. finished the amp up, and set the bias, etc. Tested the DC offset...less than 3mv per channel...cool.

Fired it up, and I'm not getting any sound from the left channel! Just a buzzing. Swapped the tubes, no change. doublechecked soldering and values of resistors and caps.....nothing amiss...

Any ideas? what to probe? what to look for?

Jul 27, 2005 at 2:08 PM Post #2 of 6
I'll take "Reversed Electrolytic Capacitor" for one dollar, Ken.

biggrin.gif

Jul 27, 2005 at 5:22 PM Post #4 of 6
My recollection is that the design is simple enough that you can hear the signal at all parts of the amp, and thus isolate where it is not working. So, hook up some cheap phones to some probes, turn on your cd player, and listen right before the pot, right after the pot, right after the tube (at pin 7), right before the buffer (though this is essentially the same as the last point), right after the buffer, and right after the output caps. At one of these, there will be no sound, and this should show you where the problem is.

My guess, for $1, would be a backwards CRD.

Jul 27, 2005 at 5:57 PM Post #5 of 6
I'll take your dollar too! they're fine...

'cause I'm crazy, I decided to plug it into a secondary source....hey, whaddya know, it worked! I guess I need to do some trouble shooting with my source....heh....

Jul 27, 2005 at 7:23 PM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zemo
I'll take your dollar too! they're fine...

'cause I'm crazy, I decided to plug it into a secondary source....hey, whaddya know, it worked! I guess I need to do some trouble shooting with my source....heh....

iAudio X5 through line out?

Theres a problem with the subpack. I believe there is a post in the Portables sub forum about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back