Military Roll Call.
Jun 26, 2007 at 6:36 PM Post #31 of 90
Quote:

Originally Posted by Todd R /img/forum/go_quote.gif
[size=small]OK, [/size]
[size=small]Military Humor:[/size]

[size=small]If it’s called it a helicopter in the Air Force and a chopper in the Army, what do they call it in the Marines?

[/size]

[size=small](Point to the sky, jump up & down and holler) OOOH OOOH OOOH
tongue.gif
[/size]

In the Navy it's a "Helo"!

....but that's not funny.
frown.gif

Jun 26, 2007 at 7:19 PM Post #32 of 90
Prolly better off telling funny storys of our service...

Well the pilots of the choppers were always trying to get a rush from their flying and showing off their guts and skills, having rotated out of the Nam regular duty must have been boring as hell to them. Needing to log flight hours just to stay qualified, there was alot of joy rides seemingly without purpose. Or to far off small airfields just for lunch and letter deliverys.
Anyhow, this one particular hot shot liked to hunt deer, with the landing gear by chasing the deer and knocking one off by impact! He finally did some damage on one run, to the thin skined aluminum panels before he quite the practice... There were a lot of cowboys amongst these hot shots but they definately had some skills and would give you the ride of your life!!!

This one warrent officer liked to go hunting, yes with our UH-1D

Jun 26, 2007 at 8:12 PM Post #33 of 90
Army, Infantry officer (11A), 2003-2006.

Korea - First and last duty station. Had a great time even though the winters sucked, the summers sucked even more, and you could die if you inhaled enough dirt kicked up from running around in the training areas.

Jun 26, 2007 at 8:26 PM Post #34 of 90
Quote:

Originally Posted by F107plus5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
In the Navy it's a "Helo"!

....but that's not funny.
frown.gif

Aww come on, I thought a Navy guy would enjoy that one.

Jun 26, 2007 at 8:37 PM Post #35 of 90
Quote:

Originally Posted by ecclesand /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There were two soldiers in the latrine...one Army and one Marine. When the Marine was done he went to the sink and began washing his hands. The Army guy, when finished, headed toward the door. Annoyed, the Marine says..."In the Marine Corp, they teach us to wash our hands after using the latrine." The Army guy turns and says...."Well, in the Army, they teach us not to piss on our hands!"

Sorry Jarheads...

ARMY = Ain't Ready to be a MARINE Yet

Jun 26, 2007 at 9:34 PM Post #36 of 90
I can admit that MARINES rarely use proper nomenclature (we call Humvees "Jeeps") but the Army issues pre-loaded magazines. Do they really think these guys can't load a mag?
tongue.gif
How about the color-coded safeties.

ARMY-inventors of the 3-shot burst and pre-paid calling cards.

All the NAVY jokes are really dirty.

Jun 26, 2007 at 11:03 PM Post #37 of 90
Quote:

Originally Posted by Todd R /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Aww come on, I thought a Navy guy would enjoy that one.

No, No! I thought the joke was more truth than fiction!

I meant my callin' them"helos'" wasn't funny!

....sorry guys; couldn't pass that one up!
tongue.gif

Jun 26, 2007 at 11:08 PM Post #39 of 90
My favorite was sending someone to the Bosuns' locker for about 40 feet of "shore line" or a small tub of "relative Bearing Grease"!

Jun 27, 2007 at 12:16 AM Post #40 of 90
^ Oh yeah, that reminds me of the initiation of the newbees in Army Aviation, sent to source out the urgently needed "prop wash" and their going from one department to the next and being refered on to the next in search of this hard to come by "prop wash", until they realize on their own and remember 'prop wash' is the air that eddys from the rotors....
wink.gif

Jun 27, 2007 at 12:46 AM Post #41 of 90
The shore line was in the same vane as the metric crescent wrench, left turn phillips, etc.

We had a couple of friends who came in under the buddy program. One of them was getting married so the friend got some of the enginemen to hold him down and used blue bearing grease on his privates. As you may or may not know, this is used to mark wear patterns in casings to repair bearings. This stuff will stay in your skin for many months.

We also had a real arse electrician 1st class who just busted everybody's chops. A bit of a heavy drinker. He would get so many gags pulled on him. Grease on the mouthpiece of the phone, etc. The best though was he would fall asleep at the desk. Someone wired a megger (voltage generator used to test cable insulation) between the chair back and arm rest(right arm). He got fired up pretty good. He came out of that chair looking for blood. I just ducked a punch while I was lmao.

I won't tell ...... yeah I will. We were in drydock so had been moved to the barracks for 6 mos. The ship had a softball team in the base league. The divers got the idea to kidnap the base marine's mascot bulldog. These guys were sick. For a day, they wore this poor dog out sexually. The jarheads knew they had him and pulled a full barracks inspection looking for him with no luck. The next day we were playing them and the guys released him at the game. The dog kept coming over to our side of the field cuz he was in love.

Fun times underway on a haze grey navy day.

Jun 27, 2007 at 1:04 AM Post #42 of 90
Me and my ship, the USS Kitty Hawk, were back in the States in San Diego at the same time my little brothers' ship was in Long Beach.

As a matter of fact his ship, an Oiler, the USS Manatee, pumped us gas a few times during our WestPac deployment, but anyway we managed to get together for an afternoon and decided to play a dirty trick....on our Parents!

He made the call and as usual it was our Mom who answered at the other end. He talked for a bit and our Mom eventually handed the phone to our Dad at the same time as my Brother handed the phone to me. We cycled back and forth like that for a few minutes until our parents almost got into an argument on just which of us kids they were talking to!

Jun 27, 2007 at 1:43 AM Post #43 of 90
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hi-Finthen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^ Oh yeah, that reminds me of the initiation of the newbees in Army Aviation, sent to source out the urgently needed "prop wash" and their going from one department to the next and being refered on to the next in search of this hard to come by "prop wash", until they realize on their own and remember 'prop wash' is the air that eddys from the rotors....
wink.gif

Prop wash, yeah, we used to pull that one too.
One young man kind of beat us at the joke when he returned with a bucket of soap from the wash rack.
We were like, "uh thanks"?

There were some chemicals that we used in leak testing fuel bladder cells. One of them being phenolphthalein, the main ingredient in Ex-Lax.
If someone was being a real ass to us, sometimes a capful of that made it's way into his coffee.

We also had the new guys help us with the "echo test" on the jet engines.
They were told to repeatedly shout "testing" into the intake while we went to the rear of the engine to check for the echo. Of course you walked away leaving the newbie screaming at a jet while everyone watching on the flight line bust a gut laughing.
Ah, good old initiation rites. What fun.
TR

Jun 27, 2007 at 1:59 AM Post #44 of 90
That reminds me! Those tricks can backfire at that!

A shipmate actually asked one of the new guys who just got on board in San Diego to "get me forty feet of 'shore line'" and a few minutes later the kid called him over and said he didn't know how many feet it was, but handed him the phone.

He said "hello" and the voice answered: "Base operator; How may I help you Sir?"

....yeah; "Sir," only one kind of head on board ship in those days!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back