MILIAN ACOUSTICS SVT
Nov 18, 2008 at 1:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 29

boomy3555

Headphoneus Supremus
I hate to show my ignorance but I ran across a set of MILIAN ACOUSTICS SVT Sudio Reference HF's and they seemed to have all the right build quality so I tossed down a small chunk of change at Amazon for them.

Amazon.com: Milian Acoustics SVT Studio Reference Isolation Headphones -- 1/4" Stereo TRS Plug: Electronics

Can anyone who's heard these things give me a general idea what to expect. from these cans. Is there any particular reason why there isn't much talk of them here at head-fi????
confused_face(1).gif
confused_face(1).gif

Nov 18, 2008 at 1:48 PM Post #2 of 29
I never heard of Milan acoustics The SoundStage SVT - Audiophile & Studio Grade Isolation Headphones or their closed audiophile cans before ... but a closed mahogany can for 200 usd? Sounds tempting....

Although, they look like the uglier kind of 70s cans out there...
SVT_main.gif

I like their bizzare package with an airline adapter, choice of cable length and termination, and a microphone that can be plugged in at the same time as a sound source to let outside noise in, if desired.

EDIT: Before anybody reports a successful delivery, I suppose it's not clear whether the product and company actually exists....

Nov 18, 2008 at 2:57 PM Post #5 of 29
They sure look heavy, you might need huge neck muscles, or no neck at all to wear those...
floatsmile.png

Quote:

Fully Telescoping size adjustment for a perfect fit on heads of all sizes.

What about wires, to be attached to the ceiling. I Wouldn't put those on my head without safety equipment.

Nov 18, 2008 at 5:34 PM Post #6 of 29
I have both a big head and broad shoulders. I'm really interested in finding out how these sound. They do look a little 70's but I don't care about what they look like. I got an email from Maxwell at Milian Acoustics confirming that they will ship with the 3.5mm plug as most of my equipment is 3.5.

I will be sure to comment as soon as I give them a good burn-in. I also ordered the Audio Technica AH900's so I'll have something to compare from raw pre burn-in. on both.

Nov 18, 2008 at 5:54 PM Post #7 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomy3555 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I will be sure to comment as soon as I give them a good burn-in. I also ordered the Audio Technica AH900's so I'll have something to compare from raw pre burn-in. on both.

Great! What cans do you have to compare with? Any other closed cans?

(edit: even if you don't have any other cans at all at the moment I really want to hear your impressions)

Nov 19, 2008 at 12:54 AM Post #8 of 29
Thanks,

The only other cans I have are Cheap Senn 202's and rs130 wireless.
Now I say cheap only because of the price. The 202's were 18.00 and the rs130's were aroung 110.00 They have incredible SQ for such inexpenssive HF's. I also have a pair of Sony powered noise cancelling but I can't even find them and I didn't like them anyway. I can't even remember the model.
As soon as they get here I'll load'em up and let them burn-in for about 72 hrs.

I don't know what the BI should be for the AT's ??

Nov 19, 2008 at 1:38 AM Post #11 of 29
WOW !!
Thanks for this bit of info. If the SQ holds up, then I appluad them for using an existing product to save sevral thousand dollars of R&D money. Not to mention the Lack of manufacturing costs.
Are the Bilsom Earmuffs Mahogany? or maybe Milian orders the empty cans from Bilsom in Mahogany.

Maybe if they take off ,they can offer it in a clear finish to show the wood?

Nov 19, 2008 at 1:51 AM Post #12 of 29
The cups are molded plastic, the reflex chamber is mahogany inside the cups, as they say in the ad. Externally they are the same as the standard earmuff aside from the Milan logo stuck to the headband and no lettering on the cups themselves.

Nov 19, 2008 at 1:57 AM Post #13 of 29
Not sure its the same, description-wise the Bilsom does not mention the mahogany. Doesn't show the nice interesting cable either.

Nov 19, 2008 at 2:10 AM Post #15 of 29
Sounds to me like an Extreme Isolation wannabe. And the Extreme Isolation cans are terrible. Anyone who doesn't believe me can buy my pair off me - cheap.

Frankly, these look to me like earmuffs with KSC75 drivers tucked inside them. And a mahogany napkin ring.

And some guy is making them on his kitchen table.

Seriously - 40mm titanium-coated drivers? You can get those for $7/pr sometimes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back