Miles Davis Beats
Jun 7, 2011 at 4:52 PM Post #2 of 18
They're going to sound like crap and I don't think many are interested. Don't rush into it, there are other things you could buy if the current price of 250$ is too high. 

Jun 7, 2011 at 7:03 PM Post #3 of 18
Wait for the Miles Davis Trumpets since they will be cheaper than the Tributes.  Oddly Monster seems to have slowed down their new product releases.  Maybe stores ran out of shelf space.

Jun 7, 2011 at 8:08 PM Post #4 of 18
Yeah, but how much are the trumpets going to be? They will probably still be ridiculously expensive I can get the Tributes for about $30.Do you actually know that they sound crap? or are you assuming? One of my friends has the fake studios and you literally cannot tell the differce between them are the real ones in sound, and at looking at them, you have to be looking closely! What other good headphones would i be able to get for a reasonable price then ? 

Jun 7, 2011 at 9:03 PM Post #5 of 18
why would you even consider buying fakes, fakes is all about the iem housing and how the product looks, not for its sound signature, I would consider the fakes to be on par or even worse then $5 iems, only difference is they look nicer.

P.S. Beats and monster mile david are different iems :x

Jun 7, 2011 at 9:12 PM Post #6 of 18
That would be why i am asking the question! To find out if they are actually any good. Unlike some, I cant afford a $300 set of headphones. If you dont actually know anything about the headphones then please dont bother commenting. Thanks.

Jun 7, 2011 at 9:38 PM Post #7 of 18
I think you're asking this on the wrong forum. This forum is based on people who enjoy the quality of music and take pride in the equipment that we purchase. Most, if not all of us do not appreciate fake items nor the sound that they produce.

I listened to a pair of fake miles davis's that my friend was bragging about since he got them so cheap... I obviously knew they were fake, but didnt have the heart to break it to him. They sound like (if not worse) than the stock apple buds that you get with your new ipod purchase. Screechy, Imbalanced, pieces of... well you get the point.

In any case and point. Ofcourse there are many people who cannot afford high end earphones. That's why there are cheaper alternatives that sound great for their price point (much better than fakes). Check out "THIS THREAD" by Joker; he lists many good sounding earphones that are quite affordable. The M6, M9, RE0, MTPG are some that I like.

Jun 7, 2011 at 10:19 PM Post #8 of 18

Quote:
I think you're asking this on the wrong forum. This forum is based on people who enjoy the quality of music and take pride in the equipment that we purchase. Most, if not all of us do not appreciate fake items nor the sound that they produce.

I listened to a pair of fake miles davis's that my friend was bragging about since he got them so cheap... I obviously knew they were fake, but didnt have the heart to break it to him. They sound like (if not worse) than the stock apple buds that you get with your new ipod purchase. Screechy, Imbalanced, pieces of... well you get the point.

In any case and point. Ofcourse there are many people who cannot afford high end earphones. That's why there are cheaper alternatives that sound great for their price point (much better than fakes). Check out "THIS THREAD" by Joker; he lists many good sounding earphones that are quite affordable. The M6, M9, RE0, MTPG are some that I like.

I'm thinking the MTPGs gonna be out of his price range too, for real ones.

But yeah, pretty much what they said... If it's the looks that's driving you to buy fakes, then by all means do it. I'll admit that looks played a huge factor in the purchase of my Turbine Golds.

Jun 7, 2011 at 10:49 PM Post #9 of 18
The fake Miles Davis will go well with this:

Jun 7, 2011 at 11:44 PM Post #10 of 18

Quote:
Yeah, but how much are the trumpets going to be? They will probably still be ridiculously expensive I can get the Tributes for about $30.Do you actually know that they sound crap? or are you assuming? One of my friends has the fake studios and you literally cannot tell the differce between them are the real ones in sound, and at looking at them, you have to be looking closely! What other good headphones would i be able to get for a reasonable price then ? 

lol Maybe that speaks more on the quality of the studios in general if the fake ones sound as "good" as the real ones

Jun 8, 2011 at 2:18 AM Post #11 of 18
It's hard to go by what people say on these forums, but the general sensus is that fakes are all over the place in sound, and QC can be equally horrendous. A few months ago, curiosity had the best of me, where decided to plunk down on a pair of imitation MD's. While they didnt sound awful, they werent worth the $40 IMO; they were unbalanced, and one side didnt make a complete seal(as if it was vented). The quality of the casing was pretty awful too. If you're sinking that much for a pair of headphones, just get a decent pair of real 'phones, like the Brainwavz M2; otherwise you'll be taking a gamble with the quality of the imitations

Jun 8, 2011 at 5:10 AM Post #12 of 18

Quote:

I'm thinking the MTPGs gonna be out of his price range too, for real ones.

But yeah, pretty much what they said... If it's the looks that's driving you to buy fakes, then by all means do it. I'll admit that looks played a huge factor in the purchase of my Turbine Golds.

Monster Outlet store has em for $99 refurbed.

Jun 8, 2011 at 8:34 AM Post #13 of 18
okay well I'm definatley not going for the fakes anymore you guys have truely put me off :) I had a look on the monster site but I was a bit weary, you can get refurbed, turbines for $50 and golds for $99 although the golds aren't im stock! But i was wondering if monsters lifetime guarantee is still valid on already refurbished items? And if you get all the extras like cases and buds?

Jun 8, 2011 at 11:28 AM Post #14 of 18
The lifetime guarantee does not apply for refurbs, but as far as I know the accessories will be included (at least for the refurb coppers).

Does it have to be Monster? If you are looking for good-sounding earphones on a budget there are many things we can recommend you, such as the already mentioned legendary thread by joker.

Jun 8, 2011 at 11:41 AM Post #15 of 18
Okay cool, Not really, its just that apparently the monsters have good sound quality and they look quite good too, and i like the way their headphones are presented. I've had a look at the post by joker and there are some that are alright but the ones i like arent in stock anywhere! :') What headphones would i be able to get that are better than the turbines for $55 or less. Or that are better the the turbine golds for $99 or less ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back