Mikhail (Singlepower) you win...or maybe you're losing...
May 9, 2009 at 2:35 PM Post #136 of 297
I have avoided weighing in on the whole "Miki Madoff" travail until now. And even now I am too embarrassed to tell all the details of what has transpired in my dealings with Mikhail over the last 3.5 years. Suffice to say I am confident that from everything I have seen posted here that no one has suffered more financially(I can't vouch for psychologically) than myself in my dealings with this person.
I, like so many, considered Mikhail an actual friend for quite some time. He and Galena even visited socially at one point. Yet as his mental state began to progressively unravel eventually that relationship changed dramatically. So much of my story is exactly the same as others have experienced with him only several orders of magnitude greater. I remain fascinated at how easy it was for myself and so many others to remain blinded as to the true state of what was going on just because he was such a "NICE GUY". That is a lesson I reflect on often moving forward.
At this point I am only posting because I fear that Mikhail may be attempting to sell my paid in full ES2 with all tube mercury vapor PS to someone else in his absolute desperation. This was to have been his most ambitious ES2 ever conceived. I want to be clear I have no evidence that he has attemted to do so yet. But with what I know to be his absolutely derelict financial situation I feel this is a likely course for him. I also realize the likelyhood of anyone buying anything from him at this point is about zero but I still wanted to put it out there.
In the last three months things have become so bad that I told Mikhail I was coming up to see him directly to resolve the situation. Those were the only times I received a response from him with promises that the amp was going out the door. Eventually, when I became aware that he didn't even have enough money to ship the amp I even sent him shipping labels from my own UPS account(I know, can you f'n believe it!). I kept getting emails everytime I called to rage at his answering machine "check the tracking # it will be showing up soon". That happened 3 times in the last month. Everytime I threatened to go up there he would either call or email to keep me from doing so with his lies. Now however, he doesn't respond at all.
Presently I hold no hope that I will be receiving my amp from him. In truth I believe he is the victim of a progressive mental illness that has left him financially destitute and very much alone. This will just be one for the storybooks.
I am planning however to travel to Denver very soon for business and will be planning a surprise visit to Mikhail provided he still resides or works anywhere in Colorado. I have also spoken to a PI in Denver. Since I have already lost so much with Mikhail I am willing to spend a little more to uncover the facts regarding his whereabouts and financial situation. if only for some piece of mind.
I don't really believe that any of those people who have lost money in their dealings with this guy will ever be compensated. In the end(which I believe is now) he will be getting what he deserves as a result of his diminished mental capacity and inability to function. My previous discussions with Galena(his wife) tell me that if she is not already gone she will be soon as she has openly admitted to me the nature of what has been going on. That you don't see very much posting about him anymore suggests that the end is here. If there is more information than that to be gleaned from these boards I would appreciate someone filling me in. Otherwise, here's to the end of an era.
On the flip side if I don't ever receive this amp I will be selling a brand new pair of HE90s which were the last pair sold by Meier Audio. These have been gathering dust waiting...

May 9, 2009 at 3:28 PM Post #137 of 297
May 9, 2009 at 3:34 PM Post #138 of 297
I'm really sorry for your troubles Boilingfrog and for everyone who has money invested in SinglePower products that haven't been delivered. I can only hope that you will get something back. I don't know how Mikhail can ever climb out of this hole he's in. The damage he's done to himself and those who trusted him has been tremendous.

I can only consider myself lucky that I'm not left totally empty-handed. Wish I'd listened to those alarm bells now.

May 9, 2009 at 4:08 PM Post #139 of 297
sorry to hear that. an ES2 sounds mighty expensive.

it's good that people continue to post so as to reinforce the idea that no one should be dealing with this guy anymore.

May 9, 2009 at 4:17 PM Post #140 of 297
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob N /img/forum/go_quote.gif
He still manages to keep his Ebay feedback at 100% +ve

eBay Feedback Profile for supra_buyer

So *HE* is the guy trying to sell 6520's for $300 each????? Wow, I always wondered who was crazy enough to try that. I guess know I know.

May 9, 2009 at 4:34 PM Post #142 of 297
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob N /img/forum/go_quote.gif
He still manages to keep his Ebay feedback at 100% +ve

eBay Feedback Profile for supra_buyer

Rob, Have you ever got anything yet?

May 9, 2009 at 6:37 PM Post #143 of 297
Sorry about your troubles boilingfrog. You seem to have bad luck, first the Jenna Labs R10 debacle, and now the un-delivered ES2 tibulation. Hopefully the mice have not eaten the HE90 by the time you go to sell them.
eek.gif

May 9, 2009 at 6:42 PM Post #144 of 297
Quote:

Originally Posted by tom hankins /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Rob, Have you ever got anything yet?

Nope,not heard anything since Feb this year

May 9, 2009 at 9:52 PM Post #145 of 297
wow.. I can't believe what was happening with the OP and SP. Speaking of the SP amp, it sounds really great. Mikail himself can sell them and make a profit very easily.
frown.gif

I'm also glad before getting the RSA Raptor last year, I considered to get the MPX3 first.

May 9, 2009 at 10:57 PM Post #146 of 297
Talk about bringing shame to the game of life....... Just sad

May 9, 2009 at 11:15 PM Post #147 of 297
I'm no afficianado ... but I know the guys amps are fairly well respected ...

But that said ...

This guy must surely be the Amy Winehouse ... no ... she's still cool even though a xxxx up ... wouldn't be appropriate to smear her image like that.

This guy ...

He's the Brittney Spears of amp builders for sure.

But that's just my casual observer perspective on things.

I'm sure there's better pop comparisons but that's what just popped into my pop consciousness and so I said it.

Boo, Brittney, ... BOOOOO!

wink.gif

May 9, 2009 at 11:41 PM Post #148 of 297
My supra had a hum/buzz so I emailed Mikhail, he answered we tried all the normal things ground loop, change tubes change adapters etc. (it was a bad adapter)

Then he called me
evil_smiley.gif
He is still the nicest guy on the phone he seemed just like the old Mikhail.

Any way things came around to wow you should hear my newest amp! So real it is scary. I told him I will not send you any money until the amp is in my apartment and I love it he said "I will work with you" This is the last e mail.

He called me 2 more times in the middle of the night, (I missed both calls)then nothing!!!

"Bi polar comment deleted."

Thank god for the music!!!!

SPA to me - Apr 23 09.
Mark,

How many inputs and how many outputs would you need? Normally 2 inputs and 2 outputs. Let me know, I'm putting together some options for you, and currently I have a unit with 2 of each, but can add more it you need.
--
Thank You,
Mikhail Rotenberg
Singlepower Audio Inc.
Tel: 303-340-2544
Main: 303-523-0581
Hours: M - F 9:00 AM to 6:30 PM MST.
Mikhail@singlepower.com

This was the e mail just before the one above.

Re: Humm SPA to me - Apr 22 09

Let me get back with you this afternoon. I may be able to have a very special unit for you. Let's talk this afternoon if you have some time.
-
Thank You,
Mikhail Rotenberg
Singlepower Audio Inc.
Tel: 303-340-2544
Main: 303-523-0581
Hours: M - F 9:00 AM to 6:30 PM MST.
Mikhail@singlepower.com

May 10, 2009 at 12:30 AM Post #149 of 297
I'm sorry for all of you that have had to deal with this. This guy is going to steal from the wrong person one time and he will end up in a very bad place. If he really does have a mental illness he needs to know his limitations, get treatment or close his company. There is no excuse to continuously steal from people.

May 10, 2009 at 1:30 AM Post #150 of 297
There are too many good amp makers for anyone to deal with this guy. I'll never buy from him again. It is an embarrassment to be associated with the name.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back