MikePortnoy's Custom Monitor List - CanalWorks L71PSTS added (Full Reviews, Scores and Signature Descriptions)
Mar 16, 2016 at 3:48 PM Post #17 of 37
  Very nice list of reviews Mike. Any chance that you may someday review the 64 Audio A12?

Thank you mate.

I haven't tested a monitor from 64 Ears yet. Hopefully, will test in the future. 
redface.gif
  A12 is a promising monitor. 

Mar 26, 2016 at 8:59 AM Post #19 of 37
  Perfect Seal AR6 scores and review added. 

Interesting (as I thought it might have done better on separation and resolution from memory)
rolleyes.gif

Are those 6½ rates for built and comfort based on both your (first) acrylic one + recent silicone one. Or purely based on the latter?

Mar 26, 2016 at 9:09 AM Post #20 of 37

Interesting (as I thought it might have done better on separation and resolution from memory)
rolleyes.gif

Are those 6½ rates for built and comfort based on both your (first) acrylic one + recent silicone one. Or purely based on the latter?

Midrange resolution is nice, but treble gets sticky 
redface.gif
 Think as a general resolution. 

It is based on silicone only, mate. 

Mar 26, 2016 at 9:21 AM Post #21 of 37
  It is based on silicone only, mate. 

Now you got me extra nervous (still waiting) about mine
tongue.gif

Sincerely hope it doesn't needs a refit...

From memory I really liked the AR6's sq & signature => I don't worry about that too much
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 19, 2016 at 11:07 PM Post #25 of 37
Oh ACS Encore ! Mine had a poor construction and the t2 connector was very fragile, I have reshelled them in acrylic+silicon with a 2 pins connector.
What do you think about their sensitivity ?

Oct 20, 2016 at 6:57 AM Post #26 of 37
Oh ACS Encore ! Mine had a poor construction and the t2 connector was very fragile, I have reshelled them in acrylic+silicon with a 2 pins connector.
What do you think about their sensitivity ?

Sorry to hear that mate. I hope it is fine now. 

Well, if you are talking about the source matching, I can say that ACS Encore is slightly source dependent. It may get a bit veiled. However, I get a good result with Lotoo Paw Gold. 

Oct 20, 2016 at 11:01 AM Post #27 of 37
Now it's perfect, I love their sound signature plenty of body that's why I think it's a good think to offer them a second life in acrylic filled with silicon

Oct 21, 2016 at 11:56 AM Post #28 of 37
Now it's perfect, I love their sound signature plenty of body that's why I think it's a good think to offer them a second life in acrylic filled with silicon

Yes I agree with the signature description. Encore has a full-bodied note recreation in accordance with the mid-bass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back