Mika Nakashima is awesome.
Mar 17, 2007 at 7:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Cid

100+ Head-Fier
I've had a few of her CD's for a while now, but I've never really gave them a good listen. I listened to the album "Music" several times today and it just blows me away. Especially the song "Fed Up", what an amazing song and so powerful it gives me a huge adrenaline rush.

Seriously, if your at all into Jpop and even if your not. Give her a good listen, especially the album "Music". Check it out!

Mar 17, 2007 at 7:42 AM Post #2 of 11
Mika Nakashima is definitely awesome. I have her BEST, LOVE, TRUE, and MUSIC albums and some of her singles. Great voice, jazzy at times with the hint of classic Japanese pop while rock-styled at other times. Glamorous Sky was an INSTANT hit with me and many people when it came out with the NANA movie. Amazing stuff.

She has most definitely been on my top 5 most listened to artists for the past year or so.

Mar 17, 2007 at 7:47 AM Post #3 of 11
I must admit Nakashima Mika is one of my most listened to artists... just today I was relistening to Music, True and Love (and a little Glamorous Sky tossed in for fun).

Cid, I think you have great taste in music. I like all her albums, but Music is probably the most listened to. Fed Up is one of the ones that I skip directly to when I feel in the mood.

I still think her live performance of A Miracle For You on Lotus IV is one of my favorite performances of all time - well at least the 2nd half... that DVD is worth buying just for that clip alone.

Best,

-Jason

Mar 17, 2007 at 7:47 AM Post #4 of 11
I'm a particular fan of the song "Love Addict". Truly excellent music and so brilliantly mastered and done.

I actually have her complete discography and her music is a large component of my favorites playlist.

Mar 17, 2007 at 5:51 PM Post #6 of 11
Released in Japan already; friend of mine sent me a rip while I'm waiting for the CD import.

Not too shabby stuff!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Absolute0 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For all the Mika fans out there, her new album, "Yes", is coming up pretty soon. Eagerly anticipating...

Mar 17, 2007 at 6:02 PM Post #7 of 11
I was watching the NANA live action movie and fell in love with her voice. The acoustic version of "Glamorous Sky" is amazing, in my opinion. I need to get her albums . . . I was pleased that they chose a musician who can actually sing to play Nana Osaki rather than getting some actress and dubbing over her voice, as it makes the movie much higher quality. I also ran across her on the best-of Gundam SEED Destiny soundtrack with "Find the Way," also a great song. Nice to see some other Jpop and Jrock fans on head-fi too.
icon10.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back