Mid to High-End IEM vs vs Low-End Custom CIEM
Jan 17, 2016 at 7:29 AM Post #18 of 24
Hey Spyro,

To which universal IEMS could you compare the JH5 in terms of objective value (SQ). Like which Universal IEM should one buy to get an equivalent overall quality?

Thanks!

Jan 19, 2016 at 9:40 AM Post #19 of 24
Perhaps W30 with JH5 being a bit more cohesive and refined....and of course the perfect  ft.

In a sound test I think it beats out TF10 Pro too.  Matches up well against most all triple and quad universals.

Tough to beat  the seamless cohesiveness of the sound.

Feb 11, 2016 at 1:10 PM Post #21 of 24
Don't forget that Piotr also sells second hand versions of his custom models.  Details here

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1SKb5az0asJBXAmAv0FruGM-I_485QJTABiaIbFYJjek/edit#gid=0

Though there isn't much there right now!  Got my music two's  a bit cheaper that way.

Jun 6, 2019 at 9:45 PM Post #22 of 24
I paid $400 + $25 for my impressions for my JH Audio JH5's which are a dual driver.

JH5 is a poor man's JH16. I had both at same time) It is a fantastic offering and is at least equal or beats everything up to a quad driver in the universal market. Trust me I have had pretty much all. Fit, obviously is fantastic but cohesiveness is outstanding too. For example, even though it is a dual driver it still has two separate exit bore holes for the music to come out of. JH5 may be my best $400 ever spent in portable audio over the years.

I understand that Jerry Harvey was the mastermind behind TF10 Pro. Then when he left Ultimate Ears and started JH Audio the first IEM he wanted to "improve" upon or change from what Ultimate Ears ideas were....was the JH5 (versus previous UE5). It's the best bang for buck IEM in their line up to their hideously priced Roxanne and Layla offerings costing 3-4 X as much

Ask here or PM me for further details, no problem. After 12 years here my objective (other than to enjoy conversing about great audio)...is to shorten the learning curve to great portable audio).
I know this post is old but I currently own the triple fi 10's looking at custom. How much difference would you say there is between the most affordable jh and the 16's. Should i start with the cheapest or if I can afford it go straight for the 16's. Also, if you have experience, how much difference is there between the triple fi 10 and the jh5 or jh 16's

Jun 7, 2019 at 6:45 AM Post #23 of 24
Go to the top. TF10’s have terrible ergonomics and a very cloudy mid bass. The JH16’s are more holographic than JH5 but they sound similarly tuned.
I have had Westone’s ES60’s for almost a year and those are my end game. Fantastic in every area and seem a bit more detailed and less bloated than JH16

Jun 7, 2019 at 9:52 AM Post #24 of 24
Go to the top. TF10’s have terrible ergonomics and a very cloudy mid bass. The JH16’s are more holographic than JH5 but they sound similarly tuned.
I have had Westone’s ES60’s for almost a year and those are my end game. Fantastic in every area and seem a bit more detailed and less bloated than JH16
Thank you for the reply. Yeah the main reason I want custom iems is the triple fi 10's hurt after a while. I have pretty small ear canals. Plus it would be nice to upgrade as I've upgraded my music collection to mostly 24 bit flack with some dsd and the lowest end just straight flak

Users who are viewing this thread

Back