Mid-range iems with intense bass
Sep 11, 2009 at 5:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

slickrick

New Head-Fier
Hello head-fiiii. I've been browsing this site for a few months and have purchased a pair of sr-80 because of my readings and love them. I am now looking for a replacement for my jvc marshmallows. I loved the bass impact of the marshmallows so I am looking for something with similar thump but with overall better sound. So far I have been considering the

Denon AH-C551 or the Nuforce Ne-7m/6

Any thoughts or any other iems i should be looking at? Im looking to stay in the 50 dollar price range but i could see myself spending up to 75 if the phones are really worth it. Thanks for your help guys I'm looking forward to expanding my audio lineup!

Sep 11, 2009 at 4:30 PM Post #5 of 10
wow I had no idea that monster made iems.. all I know about monster is that there cables are really expensive at best buy hahah. Unfortunatley most of the iems you guys mentioned are a bit out of my price range. I want something that I will not be devastated if they get stolen because I live on campus at a major university and I just dont have that much money to spend on it right now.

Is there anything wrong or any reason I shouldnt be looking at the ne-7 or Denon AH-C551?

Im looking for something with punchy bass because I will be using them when I work out / bike to class (i know dangerous)

Sep 11, 2009 at 4:32 PM Post #6 of 10
And I forgot to mention I dont really want to mess with purchasing anything off ebay.. those cyclones look nice but I dont have any experience with ebay and i want to be able to return if need be. thanks guys

Sep 11, 2009 at 8:58 PM Post #7 of 10
NE-7M (or NE-6, I gather) are a solid choice. If I were you I'd also look at the Radiopaq Jazz (hifiheadphones.co.uk is a legit source). If you want REALLY intense bass, grab a set of Lenntek Sonix from smalldog. They are cheap, well-built, and the bass is the most startling I've heard for under $100.

Sep 11, 2009 at 10:01 PM Post #10 of 10
Had good times with the C551s, until they broke. (Apparently, not the all-weather gear I thought they were. My bad.) You'll be trading away the treble, especially at your price range, but the bass is present, and good. The black metal housing is cool, too, plus it has a hard zippered clamshell case that still I use with my flavor-of-the-month IEMs. Note to Denon: you really should sell these separately.

A solid, mid-line choice for lovers of the low end.

By the way, consider rethinking your approach to eBay. Most decent vendors have a reasonable return policy, which they honor scrupulously.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back