MicroStack - 9v battery recommendations
Mar 6, 2006 at 4:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Vicks7

100+ Head-Fier
Hi All,
I have read through all the threads on the forums in relation to this subject but could not find if anyone has had any sucess using the new Ipower Lithium 9v rechargeables with the MicroStack? Some threads indicate that these batteries will not fit in the Stack. Please can you let me know if you are using this battery. If not, what do you recommend - I assume the Maha Powerex is the next best choice?
Thanks
James

Mar 8, 2006 at 12:53 PM Post #2 of 7
Sorry to bump this but before I pull the trigger on some powerex batteries would anybody like to chime in?
Many thanks
James

Mar 8, 2006 at 3:58 PM Post #3 of 7
I'd like to know as well. I've also been looking at those 9v rechargeable Lithium batteries at thomasdistributing.com.

Mar 8, 2006 at 4:03 PM Post #4 of 7
I contacted Thomas Distributing and they confirmed that the Ipower is a slightly bigger 9v battery than the Powerex. My current Ansmann 8.4v batteries are already a fairly snug fit (in fact too snug on the right hand side that I may have to file the compartment down as it takes a few minutes to get the battery out) so as some have suggested maybe the Ipower will be too big for the Stack.

Mar 8, 2006 at 11:12 PM Post #6 of 7
Guys, I bought the lithium batteries last month while waiting for my micro and much to my displeasure they did not fit. You are going to have to go with the maha's. Even everready rechargeables don't fit. About the only one's that fit are the maha's.
mad.gif

Mar 9, 2006 at 1:10 AM Post #7 of 7
Even the Maha's will not fit as well as say an alkaline. Using Maha's in my Micro amp causes the back plate of the amp to not fit as well as it should, but that's not to say that the cover doesn't fit back on. It does, but it flexes ever so slightly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back