Micro-USB vulnerability?
Apr 7, 2015 at 12:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

daanh

100+ Head-Fier
Hi, I have a Samsung S4 connected to a RSA Intruder, to Fostex TH600. The connection to my phone is very wobbly. I had the port fixed on my phone, but still the slightest touch can make the audio stop. Is there anyone with a possible solution?

Thanks, Daan

P I post here because this forum has the most hits. Sorry if I should have posted elsewhere...

Apr 7, 2015 at 10:23 PM Post #3 of 4
  Hi, I have a Samsung S4 connected to a RSA Intruder, to Fostex TH600. The connection to my phone is very wobbly. I had the port fixed on my phone, but still the slightest touch can make the audio stop. Is there anyone with a possible solution?

Thanks, Daan

P I post here because this forum has the most hits. Sorry if I should have posted elsewhere...

Try a different cable? There could be some kind of issue with the shape of the plug on your cable. I actually also have the same problem on my S3, my original Samsung cable and charger cannot charge my phone, but the same charger works on my iPad, and when I use a Lumia charger here it works fine. That cable works fine when syncing the S3 though. In any case, what I do now is

1. Charge the batteries using an external charger. I always get these when I get a new Android, as I want to have batteries I can swap out hidden in a pocket in a Crumpler 1MDH where my camera is (and its spare battery also) rather than have to use a larger bag just so I can hook up a powerbank to the phone.

2. When I use the phone as a USB audio server I use a dock - this keeps it upright and I can easily see the display. If you don't use your phone while walking around you can just get one also, since the dock holds your phone in place. USB OTG cable hooks up to the rear port on the sync dock. Just make sure that if you get a 3rd party charger it's specified as a "sync dock" rather than just a charging dock (some only have wires for the power pins).

-------

NOTE : This is in the wrong subforum, I'll inform the mods to move it.

Apr 8, 2015 at 6:48 PM Post #4 of 4
Look into the port. If it had some junk in it you will need to clean it out. I had the same problem with my Moto G connecting to my fiio e18. Pocket lint and junk can build up in the port Making it so the plug can connect quite right. You can use a toothpick to scrape all the stuff out. Just file it down some so it can fit into the port. Hope this helps

Users who are viewing this thread

Back