Micro DAC
Jan 31, 2012 at 10:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Vicks7

100+ Head-Fier
Hi All,
I posted the following on another forum but realise it maybe is better posted here as much of it relates to computer audio.
Thanks
James

Hi All,

I am returning to headfi after a few years absence - I have been concentrating on my two-channel system but now getting back into headphones.

I have the Micro DAC and Amp which I bought several years ago and have the following questions:

1. For computer audio, using a Lenovo X201 and Itunes, how is it best to configure my computer to get the best out of this combination? (presumably using the USB connection.) In Device Manager, the Sound Card is referred to as "High Definition Audio Device" - a Microsoft Driver. Perhaps I also need a better sound card.

2. What portable sources are people using these days with this combination? Years ago when I bought the Amp and DAC I purchased a Sony Portable CD Player (NE-920) with digital out. Great sound. is there anything better out there? I have an Iphone 4 and Ipad 2 but I presume there is still no way of getting a digital out from the Iphone.

Thanks

James

Users who are viewing this thread

Back