MHDT Havana DAC
Mar 12, 2010 at 3:52 PM Post #886 of 2,680
Quote:

Originally Posted by Weez /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just received my Havana, talk about quick delivery : o I’m really pleased, it’s a very engaging DAC and definitely an upgrade from KECES DA-151.
When I have some more money over I will buy the hiFace, a good BNC cable, other tubes etc. If it sounds good through USB I can’t image how it sounds through BNC : )

Glad you find it better than the KECES DA-151.
That was nice of MHDT labs to install a BNC jack for you.

Mar 14, 2010 at 8:19 AM Post #888 of 2,680
I have read through all 60 pages of this thread over the last couple of days and I really like the look of the Havana. Even though I cant see me being able to afford one this year im really tempted to get a couple of tubes for it
atsmile.gif

Mar 17, 2010 at 4:17 AM Post #889 of 2,680
Can anyone give me the size of the hex wrench needed to take the top bolts off? I'm ready to tube-roll and none of my wrench sizes seemed to be a perfect fit...tried English and Metric.

I'm also pretty tired and might be missing something...

Mar 17, 2010 at 6:10 AM Post #890 of 2,680
Quote:

Originally Posted by indydieselnut /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can anyone give me the size of the hex wrench needed to take the top bolts off? I'm ready to tube-roll and none of my wrench sizes seemed to be a perfect fit...tried English and Metric.

I'm also pretty tired and might be missing something...

It's a torx T8

Mar 19, 2010 at 12:05 PM Post #893 of 2,680
I am looking for Budget power cord. Preferably under $50.

Let me know.

Thanks
Pandu

Mar 19, 2010 at 1:46 PM Post #894 of 2,680
Quote:

Originally Posted by pdhanwada /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Let me know.

Thanks
Pandu

I get good results out of the Havana with a Belden powercable, locally made by a hifishop that sells it for €35,-
Perhaps you can find about the same cable in your part of the world, or order online or DIY.

Mar 19, 2010 at 1:54 PM Post #895 of 2,680
Quote:

Let me know.

Thanks
Pandu

I get fuzzy on whether or not this is against the rules, but I have several DIY power cables I made from Belden 19364 cable and Wattgate connectors that I'd be happy to sell. Please PM me if you're interested.

Also - these are VERY easy to make...I'm not typically a DIY'er but this is like falling off a log. Source the cable, buy the plugs, and build it. You can use a little Progold on the contacts, techflex and heatshrink it for pretty's sake...but it is all very easy.

Mar 19, 2010 at 4:01 PM Post #896 of 2,680
Indy,

Let me know the price and length of each of those cables.

Thanks
Pandu

Mar 19, 2010 at 4:03 PM Post #897 of 2,680
Quote:

Let me know.

Thanks
Pandu

Another option is to find a Zu Birth on Ebay ... they often sell for 40 to 50 bucks there as a promotional item ...

Great power cord.

Best.
.joel

Mar 20, 2010 at 2:55 PM Post #900 of 2,680
Does the M2tech HiFace mess with the sampling rate of the signal or does it just pass it through as 16/44?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back