MG Head OTL compatible with RS1
Jul 29, 2002 at 8:17 PM Post #2 of 12
In my experience MG Head is not very comfortable driving low-impedance phones. Sonic signature is the same as with high-Z headphones, but the bass nearly disappears.

YMMV.

Jul 29, 2002 at 8:46 PM Post #4 of 12
The MG Head OTL doesn't fare so well with low-impedance headphones in my experience. Some have experienced a positive match between Grados and MG Heads... but I have no idea how. Yecch!

Try a Melos SHA-1 with those thar' RS-1's. Totally rocks. I also hear that Mapletree amps are awesome with them too. This will be confirmed after this weekend's meeting.

Jul 29, 2002 at 9:05 PM Post #6 of 12
Thanks for the replies.

Quote:

I also hear that Mapletree amps are awesome with them too.

Great, I ordered an assembled Ear + last week. Lloyd should be shipping it out today.

John

Aug 2, 2002 at 3:47 AM Post #8 of 12
Quote:

Originally posted by ctenche
What about the new MG Head DT with the hi/low impedance switch. Anyone try that with the Grado's?

I beleive they are refering to that one.
smily_headphones1.gif

Biggie.

Aug 2, 2002 at 9:43 PM Post #10 of 12
AFAIK the left output jack of MG Head OTL is pretty much what DT is. I might be wrong though, never really had a chance to compare the schematics or the amps themselves.

Aug 2, 2002 at 9:58 PM Post #11 of 12
Quote:

Originally posted by ctenche
What about the new MG Head DT with the hi/low impedance switch. Anyone try that with the Grado's?

i have the mg head dt and other than the fact that this switch does next to NOTHING to the sound, reguardless of its setting, the mg head still sucks with the grado line. give it up, buy an ra-1.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back