Meze RAI Solo -- Wire Free UPM Dynamic Driver with Metal Injection Sintered Steel Body
May 12, 2021 at 10:38 AM Post #212 of 267
Couldn’t resist and took a listen at 24h burn-in. If you say that they’ll get even better, I’m astonished. And becoming even happier with my purchase.
Keep mental note of how some of your favorite songs sound now and say after 100 hrs try to think back and compare :beerchug: Probably won't be massive but I hear little nuances of improvement across the frequency spectrum myself:wink:

May 12, 2021 at 6:01 PM Post #213 of 267
Keep mental note of how some of your favorite songs sound now and say after 100 hrs try to think back and compare :beerchug: Probably won't be massive but I hear little nuances of improvement across the frequency spectrum myself:wink:
Make mental note to not smoke any weed the next time I listen to my Rai Solo's so that I remember what a favorite song sounded like at......What was it I was trying to remember???

May 12, 2021 at 6:49 PM Post #214 of 267
Make mental note to not smoke any weed the next time I listen to my Rai Solo's so that I remember what a favorite song sounded like at......What was it I was trying to remember???
Well if your smoking a big fat Scoobie your favorite song should always sound good regardless of the burn time, which burn are we referring to here anyway :smile:

May 12, 2021 at 8:04 PM Post #215 of 267
I'm actually running mine balanced now as well :grin:

Bal Sol Deluxe.JPG

May 13, 2021 at 11:01 AM Post #217 of 267
May 13, 2021 at 11:35 AM Post #218 of 267

Shame about the cable. Is there any other cable you might recommend, balanced or unbalanced? I’m assuming you believe the stock cable is not up to par, why is this?

About the ES100, I don’t know if your Middle Earth is close to mine, but I would be extremely glad to try it out if you want to send it this way as a loan.

May 13, 2021 at 12:26 PM Post #219 of 267
Shame about the cable. Is there any other cable you might recommend, balanced or unbalanced? I’m assuming you believe the stock cable is not up to par, why is this?

About the ES100, I don’t know if your Middle Earth is close to mine, but I would be extremely glad to try it out if you want to send it this way as a loan.
I needed a 4.4mm balanced cable. The silver plated Fiio cable is a tight fit, but once seated it does not swivel around. I am very pleased with the quality and sound:

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07GGZCFD2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

May 13, 2021 at 12:30 PM Post #220 of 267

Hmm, not sure if I'm familiar with Lisboa and where it may be in relation the Arkansas USA! The guy who designed the ES100 is now making the Qudelix K5 which for me is a big improvement over the ES100 not only in build quality but more importantly sound for not much more ($20) then the ES100 is going for :thinking:

The Meze Solo cable is decent but if you are going to balanced why not get a better (maybe just my perception) cable plus a beautifil iem deserves a sweet looking cable too:grin: (Strictly a vanity thing I'd say)

For a couple other cables I'm fond of and are also worthy of a $250 iem are:

Oh No, Mr. Bill, knew I should have bought a couple more of these:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32978880203.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.27424c4dSwrPpc Like the Xiaofan (The Blue and Red 8 cores) these are also no longer available!

This ISN is a sweetheart:grin: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32970249542.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.27424c4dSwrPpc Here's a photo:wink:

1 Plus 1 is WOW.JPG

Here's shots of the Xiaofan 8 core which you can no longer get either:cry:

3 1s-Olo.JPG

SoloBlu.JPG

May 13, 2021 at 2:16 PM Post #221 of 267
Hmm, not sure if I'm familiar with Lisboa and where it may be in relation the Arkansas USA! The guy who designed the ES100 is now making the Qudelix K5 which for me is a big improvement over the ES100 not only in build quality but more importantly sound for not much more ($20) then the ES100 is going for :thinking:

Well, thanks a bunch but forget about it. Lisboa, or Lisbon is in Portugal. Anyway, I just got the THX Onyx and I’ve been a/b’ing, with or without it, with the Aonic 50’s and I did a round with the Solo’s at 48h, to check for evolution...

The Meze Solo cable is decent but if you are going to balanced why not get a better (maybe just my perception) cable plus a beautifil iem deserves a sweet looking cable too:grin: (Strictly a vanity thing I'd say)

I understand what you mean, I’d also like to have a higher tier iem for a higher tier cable. But this is my budget for now. And these are special.

At 48h, the Solo’s are more open, there’s more clarity in the treble, more composure and definition in the mids and more control and depth in the bass. I checked some pieces of electronica, some harder rock, some hip hop, some jazz. Just like 15 minutes of each genre. I’m no expert and I may be influenced by expectations but this is what I heard.

The Solo’s are great at their price point. They will be better tomorrow, when I will start to listen to them more regularly, and they will evolve from then. Connected to the Onyx their terrific spaciousness is just so true, so evident. And higher resolution stuff, even the sometimes dreaded MQA, sounds terrific. Beautiful.

Last edited:
May 14, 2021 at 11:04 AM Post #223 of 267
I have tested both but it's been a long time since I heard the Solo.
From memory it's more open sounding , with a leaner character and a touch bright , a lot more forward at upper mids - presence area.
The IE300 has more bass extension and mid bass coloring.
IE300 should count as warm sounding while the Solo as neutral - bright.

May 14, 2021 at 11:27 AM Post #224 of 267
I have tested both but it's been a long time since I heard the Solo.
From memory it's more open sounding , with a leaner character and a touch bright , a lot more forward at upper mids - presence area.
The IE300 has more bass extension and mid bass coloring.
IE300 should count as warm sounding while the Solo as neutral - bright.
Thank you, how about the build quality, fit?

May 14, 2021 at 11:39 AM Post #225 of 267
Build quality is very good for both although the Solo is more premium and made from metal.
And while it is anatomical and comfortable for it's size the truth is that it can't touch the IE300.
The Sennheiser is so small that it vanishes inside the ear.
Discreet, super lightweight and very comfortable.
You will forget that you are wearing it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back