Meze EMPYREAN - the First Isodynamic Hybrid Array Headphone
Oct 21, 2022 at 3:24 PM Post #12,136 of 12,975
To Summarize:

Me: Hey, check out other headphones. I just bought a headphone for 1300 that blows this one away on details, as is my new favorite but I still enjoy the Empyrean's qualities.

You: Nah, don't check anyone else out. Get the elite because it's more detailed.

Me: Set of facts about why Elite's not worth it.

You: Random things that were unrelead, shifting the goalposts, twisting my words and trying to argue about headphone tonality. Telling people Arya Stealth is less detailed than the Empyrean (Credibility lost)

Me: Shocked reaction post laying out my personal reasons why I'm not giving Meze any more cash.

You: More Random things to try to find a way to discredit me. Random folks wanting to take sides out of insecurity.

Have a great day folks.
To summarize: you have a serious lack of reading comprehension if that's what you interpreted into my posts.

I never told anyone not to check out other brands and headphones, I just told him to not ignore the Elite because someone else prefered the Empyrean over it.
While there certainly are headphones outside of Meze that deserve an audition, so does the Elite.
He shouldn't just dismiss them because someone prefered the Empyrean over it
So how you could get that as "don't check out others" is beyond me.

Oct 21, 2022 at 3:24 PM Post #12,137 of 12,975
No, there are many things in my posts that are facts. Like about how the Elite has very small changes from the Empyrean and shares the same platform.

Look, let's end it, you guys are all over the place, attacking randomly, and I expected as such, because I exposed the truth about Meze and their headphone practices and everyone's an Empyrean or Elite (even worse, in this thread) homer.

Nobody wants to come to head-fi to read pages of angry man-children argue over whose right and who can't determine fact from opinion, who can't read, and any other ad-hominem attacks people resort to when exposed for giving people bad advice.

I stand by what I've written.

Last edited:
Oct 21, 2022 at 3:26 PM Post #12,138 of 12,975
"No, there are many things in my posts that are facts. Like about how the Elite has very small changes from the Empyrean and shares the same platform."

In your opinion... opinion again and not a fact. Having an opinion is fine, just don't try and turn it into a fact that everyone else must follow. We can have our own opinions as well!

Oct 21, 2022 at 3:28 PM Post #12,139 of 12,975
Just about all of hifiman and audezee shares the same platform. Hell most headphones when they release new headphones are on the same platform from their last with minor upgrades. Very rarely do they completly redesign the platform for a release.

Again its still an opinion. It may have the same housing but they completly replaced the diaphrame and the magnets, the earpads.

Last edited:
Oct 21, 2022 at 3:29 PM Post #12,140 of 12,975
No, there are many things in my posts that are facts. Like about how the Elite has very small changes from the Empyrean and shares the same platform.

Look, let's end it, you guys are all over the place, attacking randomly, and I expected as such, because I exposed the truth about Meze and their headphone practices and everyone's an Empyrean or Elite (even worse, in this thread) homer.

Nobody wants to come to head-fi to read pages of angry man-children argue over whose right and who can't determine fact from opinion, who can't read, and any other ad-hominem attacks people resort to when exposed for giving people bad advice.

I stand by what I've written.
Tonally there are huge changes between Empyrean and Elite, that's why I keep both as complementary headphones.
Sure they use the same platform, but that isn't a Bad thing. Most Audezes use the same platform, most Hifiman headphones do so as well.

Maybe cool Down and read the First Post you quoted again, since there was a huge misinterpretation already...

Oct 21, 2022 at 4:25 PM Post #12,141 of 12,975
ah yes. I was looking for an all-day-comfort headphones which I found with the Empyrean. If (don't have a feeling I need to at the moment) I want to "upgrade" only Elite comes to mind at the moment. Elite pads fixed what issues I had with the Empyrean. I know there are more resolving headphones out there but that would just fatigue and take away from the listening pleasure imo. The magic Meze has done with Empyrean is building a built-to-last comfortable high-end headphone with a very pleasing tonality. Unique in its sort.

Oct 21, 2022 at 4:30 PM Post #12,142 of 12,975
1666384204545.png

Oct 21, 2022 at 5:40 PM Post #12,143 of 12,975
ah yes. I was looking for an all-day-comfort headphones which I found with the Empyrean. If (don't have a feeling I need to at the moment) I want to "upgrade" only Elite comes to mind at the moment. Elite pads fixed what issues I had with the Empyrean. I know there are more resolving headphones out there but that would just fatigue and take away from the listening pleasure imo. The magic Meze has done with Empyrean is building a built-to-last comfortable high-end headphone with a very pleasing tonality. Unique in its sort.
Yah, pretty much this.

I have no idea how anyone else ascribes “value” to what is a luxury niche product like a TOTL headphone, but for me it comes down to how much I enjoy the music when I’m listening to it, along with build quality and long term comfort.

For my ears and the music I listen to, the Empyrean’s warm laid back tuning never fails to be highly engaging and always leaves me wanting more. The Andro2020, Cascade and A12t all do this in slightly different ways, that’s why I bought them , that’s why I keep them.

I’ve had my Empy 12 months now and I’m still not really interested in pursuing other headphones.

Oct 22, 2022 at 9:22 AM Post #12,144 of 12,975
Yah, pretty much this.

I have no idea how anyone else ascribes “value” to what is a luxury niche product like a TOTL headphone, but for me it comes down to how much I enjoy the music when I’m listening to it, along with build quality and long term comfort.

For my ears and the music I listen to, the Empyrean’s warm laid back tuning never fails to be highly engaging and always leaves me wanting more. The Andro2020, Cascade and A12t all do this in slightly different ways, that’s why I bought them , that’s why I keep them.

I’ve had my Empy 12 months now and I’m still not really interested in pursuing other headphones.
Like I've said several times, this is all about music... At the end, it doesn't matter how much you pay for a pair of headphones and if other people like them or not...

... It's just you, your music and your experience listening to music :L3000:

Oct 22, 2022 at 12:50 PM Post #12,146 of 12,975
Hello

Very very happy new owner of an empyrean, I was looking for headphones to listen to music, not to analyze it...

I found it. It is currently driven by a stream labs fcn10, with either a chordette tuning or a k9 pro akm in dac. it works well, but I will soon receive a trafomatic head to test with a tube amp.

Cable level, I find that it works very well with a forza hybrid HPC.

What do elite hybrid pads bring to the empyrean?

Have a nice day

Oct 22, 2022 at 1:11 PM Post #12,147 of 12,975
What do elite hybrid pads bring to the empyrean?
Slightly reduced midbass and a a bigger soundstage. Increased clarity and a slightly thinner sound

Last edited:
Oct 23, 2022 at 6:21 AM Post #12,148 of 12,975
It's the most logical play to introduce a kind of Empyrean Jr. at a lower price point. But, Meze also started out a bit different with the 99 and then a $3000 TOTL candidate, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they aim further up market with an Elite Empyrean.

Due to various things in the past year and coming year, I'm still a fence sitter here. But all I keep reading about the Empyreans makes me feel they've got to sound a bit like an HEKv1. I loved those and then sold them, but when I did hear the HEKv2s and HEKse later, I didn't really vibe with them as much. And when I read comparisons of the Empyreans vs. The HEKv2s and HEKse, it sounds just like the feelings I had vs. the HEKv1.
Sorry for resurrecting such an old post but I also had the same question. I’ve had the HEK V1s for a long time (about a year or two which is long in my stable). I loved the heck out of them. Such a smooth, warm sound. Sounded silky with some MQA tracks and the right DAC pairing (at the time a HDV820). I only upgraded because I wanted more detail. They nailed the soundstage too. I feel like the Empys have to be like this because it’s more of the same (warm, smooth, good bottom end, good detail, and very nice wide soundstage). That being said, because it’s more of the same I don’t know if I would go for them. I’m currently looking for a different signature that’s either more neutral or slightly V shaped. I feel like Meze went in the total other direction with the Lyric and the 109s by making them a bit too bright for my tastes.

Oct 23, 2022 at 8:52 PM Post #12,149 of 12,975
I'm a big fan of the Meze Empyrean/Elite upgrade cables (both Copper and Silver). The craftsmanship, materials, flexibility and soft touch, etc. are all top notch. I'd like to find something similar for my DCA Expanse headphone. Has anyone here seen a 3rd party offering equivalent that I can look into? Thanks!

Oct 24, 2022 at 4:09 AM Post #12,150 of 12,975
I'm a big fan of the Meze Empyrean/Elite upgrade cables (both Copper and Silver). The craftsmanship, materials, flexibility and soft touch, etc. are all top notch. I'd like to find something similar for my DCA Expanse headphone. Has anyone here seen a 3rd party offering equivalent that I can look into? Thanks!
If you are handy with a soldering iron, you could buy the Meze cable and re terminate the mini-xlr plugs... or even get someone else to do it for you. Other than that, The likes of Lavricables are really good and they'll no doubt be able to make a cable with the relevant connections.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back