Meze EMPYREAN - the First Isodynamic Hybrid Array Headphone
Feb 27, 2021 at 5:28 PM Post #8,822 of 12,975
This is probably the best cable available for the Empyrean. Both in sound and style, matched to my bronze Empyrean
Matthias-01a.png

Feb 27, 2021 at 7:32 PM Post #8,824 of 12,975
Feb 27, 2021 at 10:17 PM Post #8,827 of 12,975
Absolutely agree with Yoram. That cable took Empyreans to another level. Here's my humble review of them.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/lavricables-impressions-discussion-thread.955358/

I like this cable better than any silver cable I’ve tried, though I’ve not tried Lavricables one.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/746826446/16-core-custom-hand-braided-diamond?ref=shop_home_active_9

I ordered it nonmodular, and terminated with Furutech connectors. It’s phenomenal. I have XLR interconnects of the same construction, which I much prefer to silver as well. Sound with these cables is not darker than silver, but better in all desirable ways to me.

My close second favorite cable for Empys is Forza Noir Hybrid HPC.

Feb 28, 2021 at 12:20 AM Post #8,828 of 12,975
A Norne Audio Silvergarde S4 8 wire Version

Nice! I wonder if you’ve compared the 4-wire with this version at all. I have the 4-wire S4 and it’s pretty awesome already.

Thanks!

Feb 28, 2021 at 11:53 AM Post #8,831 of 12,975
I'm getting engrossed by all this cable talk - I ended up with the Meze silver plated cable as my dealer offered me a substantial discount for getting it instead of the stock cable when I got my Empys. It sounds great to me and certainly better than the stock. Very nice ergonomically as well. How much more am I missing out on I'm beginning to ask myself?

Last edited:
Feb 28, 2021 at 4:57 PM Post #8,834 of 12,975
Could You write a bit on the difference?
Could You write a bit on the difference?
3) Musical, warm and dark sound. Detail seriously lacking. Reminded me of my Nighthawks headphones which are my favorite in its price range, however we know what kind of price range that is. Everything sounds like recorded in some dark oaky room with someone smoking cigar and sipping on whisky listening to some jazz.
2) Solid built. More neutral sound signature so not imparting so much of its sound to every recording. Nothing really stands out, for better or worse. Volume control seems excellent and way better than stepped one found in 3)...even though I didn't have any issue with that one, you just have more control fine tuning things with the regular one. Sounds like a good solid state amp though, does not have that "lit up from within" sound that made me fall in love with tubes. Didn't hear the magic people described with Sennheisers 800's (for that Apex Teton takes the crown)
3) Top shelf amp, simple as that. Biggest soundstage of all 3 with impressive depth and to my preference, does have that "lit up from within" sound, for the lack of better word. Transparency way above the other 2 amps.

Feb 28, 2021 at 5:15 PM Post #8,835 of 12,975
I would like to add I have the utmost respect for any small operation trying to produce quality products, be it speakers, dac, amps, whatever. I would love to hear EC Studio, but they are not in the business anymore and thats a reality for a lot of small businesses (and bigger ones as well). Anyway...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back