Meze EMPYREAN - the First Isodynamic Hybrid Array Headphone
Oct 24, 2019 at 6:19 PM Post #5,176 of 12,975
May I ask you to elaborate how did you come to this conclusion?

I suppose you new how much it costs when you bought it. Was it not too expensive already at that time? If not, has something changed? If yes, why buy? I normally do not buy something what i know is too expensive (hm. really? :thinking::thinking::thinking:). It really becomes expensive when you have to sell it, because the difference is away, and you have nothing, but maybe the experience for it. Or is there something here what is not normal? I would like to understand how it works.
I am also interested in the answer as it is not lentoviolento's first higher-end gear that he is selling after a few weeks of ownership saying he can't afford it. That's like burning money.

Oct 24, 2019 at 6:33 PM Post #5,177 of 12,975
I explain how it works. It works that i cant have all that kind of money stuck on an hp, but i wanted to know how it sounded. I did the same with all the headphones i had and i sold here. There is nothing shady. I lose a bit, it is like renting them. In this way i had the chance to try the verite, the auteur, the ether2, the lcd4 and all the other lcds...
Also, when i paid for it on 16 of july i didn't know that it would be shipped 3 months later and that now i have to get knee surgery and spend a lot of money in doctors. I supposed it is called "destiny".

Last edited:
Oct 24, 2019 at 6:36 PM Post #5,178 of 12,975
I am also interested in the answer as it is not lentoviolento's first higher-end gear that he is selling after a few weeks of ownership saying he can't afford it. That's like burning money.

... But noone has ever complained about the expensive gear to be broken.. In any case, i dont get the thrill anymore so i guess i will be out of the rabbit hole as soon as i sell this.

Oct 24, 2019 at 6:49 PM Post #5,179 of 12,975
I explain how it works. It works that i cant have all that kind of money stuck on an hp, but i wanted to know how it sounded. I did the same with all the headphones i had and i sold here. There is nothing shady. I lose a bit, it is like renting them. In this way i had the chance to try the verite, the auteur, the ether2, the lcd4 and all the other lcds...
Also, when i paid for it on 16 of july i didn't know that it would be shipped 3 months later and that now i have to get knee surgery and spend a lot of money in doctors. I supposed it is called "destiny".
Get well soon
My suggestion would be to stick with gear you like and don’t jump on hype train as you will loose money since the itch to try new gear will always be there and if you want to try new gear, better get it in used market to begin with. Everyone who are new in this game make these mistake and learn with time.

I see you have a good headphone , good amp. It may be the DAC that is limiting your experience and hence making you wish for new headphone all the time. Get a good DAC and call it a day if you ask for my suggestion.
Sorry if I’m shoving my suggestion.

Last edited:
Oct 24, 2019 at 6:56 PM Post #5,180 of 12,975
Get well soon
My suggestion would be to stick with gear you like and don’t jump on hype train as you will loose money since the itch to try new gear will always be there and if you want to try new gear, better get it in used market to begin with. Everyone who are new in this game make these mistake and learn with time.

Thank you for the suggestion, but it is almost 3 years that i am in this hobby.. I "enjoyed" the itch to be honest. The searching for infos/reviews, the waiting.. i don't have other hobbies.
I don't mind having lost some money along the way. It has been a nice and interesting journey. I also met some nice people here where i live.

Oct 24, 2019 at 6:59 PM Post #5,181 of 12,975
It is always an excuse for listening to my favourite music. This meze is simply outstanding from many point of views. If i could i would keep it. It is like an alien manufact

Oct 24, 2019 at 7:01 PM Post #5,182 of 12,975
Thank you for the suggestion, but it is almost 3 years that i am in this hobby.. I "enjoyed" the itch to be honest. The searching for infos/reviews, the waiting.. i don't have other hobbies.
I don't mind having lost some money along the way. It has been a nice and interesting journey. I also met some nice people here where i live.
I get your point as I was in similar boat and frankly enjoyed looking for gear/ reading reviews but along with it I lost interest in listening to music. I became gear first audiophile and music took back seat and that’s when I decided to get 1 good amp, DAC and headphone and be done with it and frankly after getting Onyx/ ECP DSHA-3F and Verite, I am no longer looking for any gear and searching for music to enjoy.

Oct 24, 2019 at 7:29 PM Post #5,183 of 12,975
I get your point as I was in similar boat and frankly enjoyed looking for gear/ reading reviews but along with it I lost interest in listening to music. I became gear first audiophile and music took back seat and that’s when I decided to get 1 good amp, DAC and headphone and be done with it and frankly after getting Onyx/ ECP DSHA-3F and Verite, I am no longer looking for any gear and searching for music to enjoy.
Yes same thing, doing those compulsive a/b.. I remember my ex gf looking at me like i was a dumb.. It was listening to the headphones not to the music through the headphones. I will settle with echo and a zmf aeolus /atticus. A good compromise, the best quality/price ratio for my tastes.

Oct 24, 2019 at 7:40 PM Post #5,184 of 12,975
...but i wanted to know how it sounded ... I lose a bit, it is like renting them...
Same here :)

Hope your surgery goes well. I had a double knee replacement about 4 years ago. Truly a life-changing experience -- I can enjoy outdoor activities (hiking, fishing...) again!

Oct 24, 2019 at 8:08 PM Post #5,185 of 12,975
Yes same thing, doing those compulsive a/b.. I remember my ex gf looking at me like i was a dumb.

I can beat that. Best Buy gives you 30 days return. I couldn't make up my mind on two 65" plasma TV's once, snd so I had both of them on my living room for a couple of weeks trying to make up my mind. I drove my wife nuts. LOL.

Oct 25, 2019 at 12:56 AM Post #5,186 of 12,975
May I ask you to elaborate how did you come to this conclusion?

I suppose you new how much it costs when you bought it. Was it not too expensive already at that time? If not, has something changed? If yes, why buy? I normally do not buy something what i know is too expensive (hm. really? :thinking::thinking::thinking:). It really becomes expensive when you have to sell it, because the difference is away, and you have nothing, but maybe the experience for it. Or is there something here what is not normal? I would like to understand how it works.
Wow!!

That reads like an accusatory post to me and you’re relatively new here.

God forbid someone tries to sell something on headfi.

Oct 25, 2019 at 2:20 AM Post #5,187 of 12,975
I can beat that. Best Buy gives you 30 days return. I couldn't make up my mind on two 65" plasma TV's once, snd so I had both of them on my living room for a couple of weeks trying to make up my mind. I drove my wife nuts. LOL.

I can even beat that..... I had the 65" Pioneer Kuro and the 65" Panasonic Z series in my bedroom, both playing at the same time, until I sold the Kuro, that was for about a month too. I think I even posted pics a while back on the AVS Forum.

Oct 25, 2019 at 3:21 AM Post #5,188 of 12,975
Get well soon

I see you have a good headphone , good amp. It may be the DAC that is limiting your experience and hence making you wish for new headphone all the time. Get a good DAC and call it a day if you ask for my suggestion.
Sorry if I’m shoving my suggestion.

I agree with your whole post but at the same time its nice to have someone in the community with reasonably deep pockets and little risk aversion to experiment and deepen the used market.

Wow!!

That reads like an accusatory post to me and you’re relatively new here.

God forbid someone tries to sell something on headfi.

To be fair to Newsee the question does make sense; people see the price tag once the go to purchase online or in store, thats usually the point where you know its too expensive. LentoViolento is just more willing to take a monetary hit than the majority of people and no one would know without that explanation. Can't fault Newsee for asking hard questions that many are too polite to say.

Oct 25, 2019 at 3:50 AM Post #5,189 of 12,975

Ahah i did quite the same with my oled... Pausing the movie 20 times to find the perfect settings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back