Meze EMPYREAN - the First Isodynamic Hybrid Array Headphone
Nov 25, 2018 at 9:16 PM Post #1,216 of 12,975
I just looked up HE1, which I never heard of. It costs $52,000!!

I'm not sure what a comparison of Empyrean to HE1 would establish. Not to mention, if there more than 1-2 owners of the HE1, I'd be shocked as hell...

There is one owner of HE1 around Head-Fi named @raypin :)

As to comparing HE-1 to Empyrean, I would be curious about that as well.

Nov 26, 2018 at 2:21 AM Post #1,217 of 12,975
My own personal opinion I'm not bothered if Meze audio Empyrean is the best headphone out there or not, for one he1 is electrostatic where Empyrean is planar but it's gonna be up there, when you get to a certain high quality of sound it's more on taste than one headphone being out right better than an other, when I bought the focal Utopia it was the best dynamic headphone out there, did it blow me away NO, I ended up selling them as I started to listen to them less and less and in the end they were just left in the box unused

Last edited:
Nov 26, 2018 at 2:51 AM Post #1,218 of 12,975
I just looked up HE1, which I never heard of. It costs $52,000!!

I'm not sure what a comparison of Empyrean to HE1 would establish. Not to mention, if there more than 1-2 owners of the HE1, I'd be shocked as hell...

Price to performance is what it would establish and just a plain good old shoot out to see how close it can get.

I find it surprising you have never heard of the Sennheiser Orpheus and there are much more than 1-2 owners.

Nov 26, 2018 at 3:03 AM Post #1,219 of 12,975
My own personal opinion I'm not bothered if Meze audio Empyrean is the best headphone out there or not, for one he1 is electrostatic where Empyrean is planar but it's gonna be up there, when you get to a certain high quality of sound it's more on taste than one headphone being out right better than an other, when I bought the focal Utopia it was the best dynamic headphone out there, did it blow me away NO, I ended up selling them as I started to listen to them less and less and in the end they were just left in the box unused

I just thought in a general sense it would be interesting to see how close Emyprean + Eddie Current Studio + Chord Dave/ PSAudio Direct stream, would come to the bar HE1. Just like how people like to compare Yggdrasil against DACs many times the price.

But nevermind there seems to be quite a few anti comparison folks out there. Its not about bragging rights for the best to me, its all about fun and musciality. I still own a 650...

Nov 26, 2018 at 4:38 AM Post #1,220 of 12,975
I just thought in a general sense it would be interesting to see how close Emyprean + Eddie Current Studio + Chord Dave/ PSAudio Direct stream, would come to the bar HE1. Just like how people like to compare Yggdrasil against DACs many times the price.

But nevermind there seems to be quite a few anti comparison folks out there. Its not about bragging rights for the best to me, its all about fun and musciality. I still own a 650...

Add an MScaler in there too and then it really is a law of deminishing returns.

Nov 26, 2018 at 4:44 AM Post #1,221 of 12,975
meze_1.jpg

meze_3.jpg

meze_2.jpg

This a fantastic headphones and very light and comfortable.
I'm very happy now! :)))))

Last edited:
Nov 26, 2018 at 4:53 AM Post #1,222 of 12,975

This a fantastic headphones and very light and comfortable.
I'm very happy now! :)))))

Woa! Congrats, you've received your purchase?

Well, where is that first 5 minutes of listening impression?!? Hahaa! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Nov 26, 2018 at 5:23 AM Post #1,224 of 12,975
If it sounds better than the Utopia, then its going on the right road.

Nov 26, 2018 at 6:05 AM Post #1,228 of 12,975
I think it's harder to make the Utopia sound as good as it can. I am comparing to Dave and Metaxas Momento Mori.
When you say Utopia and sound good, what are the music tracks you listening to?

Nov 26, 2018 at 6:39 AM Post #1,230 of 12,975
Didn’t like meze hp really, curious outside of the look and packaging what’s what.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back