Meze EMPYREAN - the First Isodynamic Hybrid Array Headphone
Nov 24, 2018 at 5:41 PM Post #1,174 of 12,975
It's all in the detail. The focal bass has slam extension, the Empyrean offers up low level bass with texture and decay.

Yes the Empyrean is less bright than the Utopia. If a HD800 had babies with an LCD4 they would call it Empyrean.
It all sounds wonderful to me.

Nov 24, 2018 at 6:30 PM Post #1,178 of 12,975
It not good how you can't share the excitement with anyone else outside of head fi about hi-fi, think we in the minority in this world

We’re definitely a minority. Most people would scoff at paying $300 for headphones. When you say $3000, they immediately look for a hidden camera because they’re sure they’re being punked.

Nov 24, 2018 at 6:35 PM Post #1,179 of 12,975
We’re definitely a minority. Most people would scoff at paying $300 for headphones. When you say $3000, they immediately look for a hidden camera because they’re sure they’re being punked.
Mate all my mates say to me is you could get this or get that but I don't want that I want quality music that makes my life so special and I'll be honest meeting special ppl like yourself makes it so much easier

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2018 at 6:48 PM Post #1,180 of 12,975
Lol imagine when i told them my old Utopias were worth $4k when they released. Stunned until they heard them, then they understood my madness.

Nov 24, 2018 at 6:50 PM Post #1,181 of 12,975
Mate all my mates say to me is you could get this or get that but I don't want that I want quality music that makes my life so special and I'll be honest meeting special ppl like yourself makes it so much easier

I get the same from my family and friends. They’re like, “For $3000 you can buy a decent used car. Why would you pay that for headphones?”

But you know what? I know people that spend more than that every month on golf. All I can say is, we like what we like. I love music and I love zoning out with a great pair of headphones that not only make music sound better, but they transport me to another world for a while. A world where you swear you’re only going to listen for 20 minutes and then you look up at the clock and realize 3 hours have passed.

Nov 24, 2018 at 6:53 PM Post #1,183 of 12,975
I get the same from my family and friends. They’re like, “For $3000 you can buy a decent used car. Why would you pay that for headphones?”

But you know what? I know people that spend more than that every month on golf. All I can say is, we like what we like. I love music and I love zoning out with a great pair of headphones that not only make music sound better, but they transport me to another world for a while. A world where you swear you’re only going to listen for 20 minutes and then you look up at the clock and realize 3 hours have passed.
This is truly what i experience myself. That smooth high end music that gives you goosebumps. LOVE IT! More than anything in this world.

Nov 24, 2018 at 6:56 PM Post #1,184 of 12,975

Lol used car that's the classic line I get

Users who are viewing this thread

Back