1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Meze EMPYREAN - the First Isodynamic Hybrid Array Headphone

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by MezeTeam, Feb 9, 2018.
First

Back
365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374
376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385
Next

Last
  1. betula
    I don't have MScaler and prefer the Empy in high gain because to me it sounds a little bit more dynamic and alive that way. I didn't burn in the Empy, I was using it from day one. Perhaps it opened up a little bit in the first 150h, but I think most of the burn in happens in the brain.
    I would say -22H/-24H is a comfortable listening volume. If I want to party it goes up to -18H sometimes, for quiet times -26H is enough.
    -10 is painfully loud, I think that must be because you have the MSC in the chain. Or you are in low gain.

I have just checked and -10 seems pretty loud even in LG. -10 in LG must be somewhere around -16 in HG. I don't think volume matters too much when it comes to burn in. As long as the transducers are moving it is fine.

2. delirium
    Now i am on coffee an kodein...for my back...sound good...:L3000:

3. delirium
    I have it in high gain...but not on my head...yust for burn inn..the empyrean..will handle that...i hope? And thanks...and i think you are right on the high gain. Now that i have had a little time with it.

4. delirium
    But i do have it on -15 on high gain...when l am listening...guess i like it loud..

Last edited: Dec 14, 2019
  5. delirium
    Yes i think volume matters...you got too hammer that sucker...l think that will improve low bass

6. betula
    I think that is pretty loud. My room is quiet though and also I use a different silver cable which can change volume levels slightly compared to the stock one.

7. Bonddam
    Great combo for Empyrean, ZMF Pendant, and Denafrips Ares 2. I can't tell if it is warm, all I know is it sounds good.

8. delirium
    But what do i know..i am high on coffee an kodain..:ksc75smile:

9. delirium
    But remember -3db with mscaler..so it is realy -18...still too loud for you @betula?

Last edited: Dec 14, 2019
  10. betula
    Definitely high on something. :)
    -18 is about the highest I go when I am really enjoying the party. (As I said above.)

11. delirium
    Then we agree

12. Coffee Music
    Not at all. I love that song n hope u did too.

On a side note, the stock cable is so long. coming from a 3ft cable this 9ft is heaven for me. But man the knot is driving me crazy!

Unplugging the cable n straightening 100% work, but its a repeating process. The cable is wrapped over by that fabric. I was thinking... *ahem* we cut that "fabric bag". it might or might not permanently fix this knot issue.

The cable inside I would guess, is like the splitter at the top where it comes together but splittable, If getting rid of the fabric doesn't fix the knot issue, I would bet a cup of coffee splitting the 2 cables (left/right) will.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2019
  13. delirium
    Ok..thanks! But about the cable..if you take away the outer layer..then it can become microphonic..do not know. I have the silver upgrade cable from meze and absolutely love it..maybe not the best sounding cable out there..but its so light and comfy..i hope you people understand my english...not so good at writing english..but understand almost everything...cheers

14. Coffee Music
    Interesting... perhaps cut the bottom portion n save the top part. Anyone curious enough to do this experiment for science?

Your english is as good as they come. Gotta speak god if u wanna understand everything amirite

15. delirium
    One more thing: i think you have to pay double the price...for a cable that meze offers at spesialiest manufacturests...like kimber cable..that hand wowen
    their cable!

Last edited: Dec 15, 2019
First

Back
365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374
376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385
Next

Last