Meze EMPYREAN - the First Isodynamic Hybrid Array Headphone
Nov 6, 2019 at 3:42 PM Post #5,314 of 12,975
I agree. I am just not ready to throw another 2K on a streamer...

but if you’re using a computer you only need to subscribe to a streaming service. For $15 or $20 a month you can get CD quality and Hi-Rez music. Millions of albums. I’m pretty sure that you could get a free trial period.

A streamer, and streaming is not one in the same.

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2019 at 3:47 PM Post #5,315 of 12,975
but if you’re using a computer you only need to subscribe to a streaming service. For $15 or $20 a month you can get CD quality and Hi-Rez music. Millions of albums. I’m pretty sure that you could get a free trial period.

Sure, but an acceptable streamer is at least 2K. I am not ready for another 2K expense when my FLAC library still satisfies me on the TT2.

Nov 6, 2019 at 3:49 PM Post #5,316 of 12,975

I think you’re missing my point. What I’m saying is that you could get a streaming subscription for less than $20 a month and listen to any song you want on your own computer. You don’t need to pay for a streamer.

Nov 6, 2019 at 4:10 PM Post #5,318 of 12,975
Man, that’s such a great song. Especially live at the Fillmore East.

Allman Brothers live at Fillmore East was recorded in March 1971.
I was fortunate to see them 2 months later in May, 1971.
Duane Allman died in October 1971 followed by Berry Oakley in Nov. 1972.

I think I may have heard them at their peak with all the band members!

Nov 6, 2019 at 4:20 PM Post #5,319 of 12,975
Damn, you’re old like me. :)

I was going to discuss that album, but I thought you were younger. LOL.

I saw the Grateful Dead in 1971 at the Fillmore East and I’ve been into them ever since. I saw them in 1973 with the Allman Brothers, and the Band at Roosevelt stadium in Jersey city.

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2019 at 4:47 PM Post #5,320 of 12,975
Allman Brothers live at Fillmore East was recorded in March 1971.
I was fortunate to see them 2 months later in May, 1971.
Duane Allman died in October 1971 followed by Berry Oakley in Nov. 1972.

I think I may have heard them at their peak with all the band members!

You saw Allman Brothers live in 1971?! :sweat_smile:
Then you must already have reached a biblical age. You must not tap too fast or you will get arthritis.:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
I, on the other hand, am in the bloom of my time. Strong and healthy. But German men are generally very strong. Very tough and strong…:wink:

Nov 6, 2019 at 4:48 PM Post #5,322 of 12,975
Damn, you’re old like me. :)

I saw the Grateful Dead in 1971 at the Fillmore East and I’ve been into them ever since. I saw them in 1973 with the Allman Brothers, and the Band at Roosevelt stadium in Jersey city.

YIKES! That must have been an all day / night event:
The Dead NEVER play a short set!
The Band at their peak and the Allman Brothers, still very good but sadly missing 2 of their original members.

Nov 6, 2019 at 5:21 PM Post #5,323 of 12,975
YIKES! That must have been an all day / night event:
The Dead NEVER play a short set!
The Band at their peak and the Allman Brothers, still very good but sadly missing 2 of their original members.

It started in the afternoon. Outdoor concert.

The Dead Fillmore concert started at 8:30 and let out about 2.30. I was a junior in high school. We were probably the only ones at the concert that got picked up afterwards by our parents. Probably the only ones also that weren’t tripping. Now the 1973 concert was a different story. :)

Nov 6, 2019 at 5:41 PM Post #5,324 of 12,975
Sure, but an acceptable streamer is at least 2K. I am not ready for another 2K expense when my FLAC library still satisfies me on the TT2.
I guess I am the opposite. I no longer feel the need to own music. I just stream it from my computer using Roon. I have found so much new music that way.
It started in the afternoon. Outdoor concert.

The Dead Fillmore concert started at 8:30 and let out about 2.30. I was a junior in high school. We were probably the only ones at the concert that got picked up afterwards by our parents. Probably the only ones also that weren’t tripping. Now the 1973 concert was a different story. :)

Met Dickey Betts when I worked in a music store in Manhattan. Great guy. He could play. Preferred him to Warren Haynes in the Allman Bros, although Warren is a smoking guitarist himself.

Nov 6, 2019 at 6:08 PM Post #5,325 of 12,975
I guess I am the opposite. I no longer feel the need to own music. I just stream it from my computer using Roon. I have found so much new music that way.

The concept of streaming is cool and undoubtedly changing the music market of the future. But the quality of the recordings often does not meet my claim. This concept addresses currently the broad masses.
85 percent of my music is in Flac (cd quality) but I prefer Hi-Res files. Recordings might sound better than cd quality or vinyl. If I have a choice between Flac and Hi-Res I would always choose the latter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back