1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Meze EMPYREAN - the First Isodynamic Hybrid Array Headphone

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by MezeTeam, Feb 9, 2018.
First

Back
331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340
342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351
Next

Last
  1. Jwakeford
    By the way, did you know you can buy these new for 2450€, plus 50€ shipping !? I got mine from a german Dealer called Audition 6 I recommend anyone wanting to buy in to the Empyreans to at least get a decent deal on the price :)

2. ken6217
    I know a dealer here in the States as well that has a new unopened pair for $2550.00. PM me if interested.

3. Beagle
    For the most part, you got something significantly better for the money back then....better sound, less distortion. You knew you had gone a big step up. Since the old distortion and coloration culprits have essentially been banished, now it's just 'different'. Compare a $1000 headphone with a $3000-$4000 one today and you might not prefer the expensive one.

Having said that, the build quality of the flagships today is mostly beyond reproach, very well designed and built. And that obviously factors into the cost. But bottom line is the sound and if you feel it is worth the money.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2019
    Jwakeford likes this.
  4. betula
    delete

5. tradyblix
    Notably, you didn’t mention Hifiman.

6. betula
    That German dealer is indeed ready to make a good deal. I bought my Empy from him as well for much less than 2450€ including shipping. I think since my deal he thought that was just too much of a compromise on his side. And he is right, it was. Anyway, 2500€ is still a pretty good deal.

7. Beagle
    Fixed it

8. betula
    I have never said what you are quoting me on.
    Something is wrong with the forum motor as I find myself replying to unrelated comments after I post the reply.

9. Beagle
    I noticed that. I edited it to quote the original source. I think perhaps it stems from quoting a multi-quote..

betula likes this.
  10. tradyblix
    Stax and Abyss have been out in expensive land for a while. Same with Audeze starting with the LCD-3. Pretty much anyone buying headphones makes some sort of a deal for them. I didnt pay 4,000 for the Utopias nor would I have.

Also, consolidating 10 years of lesser headphones easily helped me offset the cost of newer flagships and settle on just a couple, as I find having too many to not be worth it. Not enough head time. But I know these are better than everything that came before because I was able to compare. Not regretting anything in that regard.

11. Bonddam
    I sold my HEkv2 because they weren't lush like the Empyrean. There was low-end but I could only feel it. Also after going back and forth between the two the HEkv2 had a dry sound. Sounds like a lot of hate for this headphone because it burned people who bought it and ended up loosing money. I have 4 headphones and waiting for the VC to join my VO. I can't judge a headphone by a graph, never taught myself. I just bought Norne Draug 3 cable for them. I would never go into RAD-0 forum and hate on them it's not my place to tell people they have to figure it out for themselves. I think I rambled on too much.

betula and tradyblix like this.
  12. Bonddam
    What does speed sound like? I'm trying but the Empyrean isn't saying anything. What music will show speed? This has me curious as Resolve said it is slow. The rpm sounds right on my favorite edm tracks.

13. kumar402
    Don’t pay too much attention to these reviewers. You never know what amp they use. Many times amp is the culprit.
    They sometime say things just for the sake of saying it. If you feel speed is right then it is right.

betula and tradyblix like this.
  14. project86 Contributor
    I agree. And we thus find ourselves essentially arguing about which form of "different" we prefer. That's why it's sort of silly that some people take it so seriously.

To me, the main benefit of forum discussion is to get a general ideal of what the headphone might sound like. If something is generally agreed to be a bit thin and highly detailed (for example), that tells you whether or not it might be something you want to try. So you go from there. Obviously there's also a place for discussion of comfort, quirks/failures/issues, upgrades, etc. But arguing about which thing we like better than some other thing seems pointless to me.

Reviews are just an extension of that - find a reviewer who you tend to agree with more often than not, and read their opinions to stay reasonably informed. Nothing more, nothing less. Doesn't mean you won't disagree from time to time.

15. racebit
    Opinions on pure silver vs silver plated cable for Empy with Chord dacs?
    In any case Meze silver seems too expensive for a silver plated cable. We can get pure silver much cheaper.

First

Back
331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340
342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351
Next

Last