1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Meze EMPYREAN - the First Isodynamic Hybrid Array Headphone

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by MezeTeam, Feb 9, 2018.
First

Back
314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323
325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334
Next

Last
  1. up late
    there's really no need for you to apologise

Last edited: Sep 24, 2019
  2. betula
    The most comfortable headphone I have ever tried (owned) was the Nighthawk (350g). The Empyrean is a close second in this regard, which is quite astonishing for a 430g flagship. This also makes the Empyrean the most comfortable flagship headphone I tried.

I didn't have problem with the LCD2C (540g) weight, but the Empyrean still felt like a relief after them. You are right saying that comfort has other aspects as well, not just weight. I preferred my LCD2C to the Clear comfort-wise, even though the Clear is 90g lighter. The weight distribution and the very comfy memory foam pads on the 2C just gave a better comfort vs. the Clear's thinner and harder structure.

100g extra weight doesn't really matter at the beginning, but for long term listening (2hrs+) it can easily make a headphone uncomfortable. Of course as our hearing, our neck muscles are different too. What's too much for someone will be nothing to the other.

CaptainFantastic likes this.
  3. betula
    I am not sure about the spray, but the 'ignore' function works pretty well for me. It is true I can't see half of this conversation now, but I don't think I am loosing too much. Definitely gaining more peace though. I can recommend. :)

Rowethren likes this.
  4. MacedonianHero Contributor
    Heavy is always a relative term, too bad you don’t realize that. I didn't realize that I had to qualify everything I said for you. So you are saying that orthos are not hindered by their magnetic structures in their drivers which adds weight (for the 4th time I'm asking you this; which was the point of my initial post)?

And as I've said, it is also about weight distribution as I bet Meze could literally add 200g more to their headphones and they would still be quite comfortable due to their amazing headband.

5. thecrow
    I bought my empyreans a little over a month ago
    I actually don't find them as comfortable as most people say

I'm not saying they are overly heavy or hugely uncomfortable but i definitely do feel them a bit (ie strain/fatigue) if i am wearing them for a while, say an hour or so
    It's more of a slow burn fatigue than putting them on and saying wow these are heavy like i would with the lcd4

Maybe it's just the way they sit on my head
    But I have not found comfort a key selling point with them

YMMV

treebug likes this.
  6. MacedonianHero Contributor
    For me, they completely disappear like no other, but every head is different. Throw in their ethereal sound and transparency and I am a huge fan of these headphones.

7. up late
    but you didn't use the word "heavy" in relative terms. you stated it as an absolute, and i'll quote you again: "guys, orthos are heavy..." and stop trying to put words in my mouth. i've not said nor implied anything about "orthos" not being hindered by "their magnetic structures". and the point of your initial post was that (all) orthodynamic headphones are (intrinsically) heavy because of the arrays of magnets they contain. everyone who replied to your post with exceptions to that "rule" clearly understood what you meant. yet here you are still trying to muddy the waters.

8. ken6217
    Who cares. Time to move on.

kid vic and up late like this.
  9. MacedonianHero Contributor

The use of heavy is always a relative term. You are here to troll. Need more troll spray. Move on...

There are no exceptions needed, you live in absolutes and nothing is absolute. This your issue with a lack of general understanding. You’ve done this over and over on Heaf-Fi.

Did you miss that chart that I provided (conveniently I might add). Please just stop...folks here don’t care about your diversions and frankly it is quite tiresome...yet again.

Art Garfunkel likes this.
  10. up late
    not when you use it as an absolute, which is what you did. you are here to win-at-all-costs. and the troll spray meme has gotten old.

edit: i note that you edited your post after i had quoted it and responded. and all you have added is another of your trademark personal attacks, a reference to a chart that i had already disregarded because it is irrelevant to this disagreement, and a copycat accusation. this disagreement was never about whether "orthos" are heavier than electrostatic and dynamic headphones, which is what your comparative chart shows. it is about your assertion that "orthos are heavy" per se. the only person resorting to diversionary tactics here is you, as usual. this is what you always do when you've argued yourself into a corner. you introduce strawman arguments and denigrate the other person, and it is both predictable and tiresome. it is also laughable to be accused of absolutism by a person who regularly uses "the best" as a descriptor for the headphones and ancillary gear that he favours.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2019
  11. MacedonianHero Contributor
    You may live in absolutes, most are more sophisticated. Yet you continue to ignore the posts I made that state what I meant just to fulfill your preconceived bias just to troll. That’s par for your course for you.

12. ken6217
    Hey man, take this private. No one cares about reading the beef between you guys.

kid vic, Hifiearspeakers and up late like this.
  13. MacedonianHero Contributor
    Happy to. Tell this to up late. It’s his pattern.

14. Bonddam
    Anyone have any interesting stories? I have to get my dryer vents cleaned.

15. ken6217
    Hmmm, Did you hear the one about the farmers daughter and the traveling salesman? :ksc75smile:

First

Back
314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323
325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334
Next

Last