Meze EMPYREAN - the First Isodynamic Hybrid Array Headphone
Sep 23, 2019 at 11:27 PM Post #4,831 of 12,975
that's beside your point and an attempt to divert the discussion away from it.

spray away but don't say that you weren't warned. you'll probably try and twist that too.

upload_2019-9-23_23-27-1.png

Averages on the bottom for these flagship level headphones. This is all I was saying before you started in. Generally speaking orthos are hindered by their heavier magnetic structures...par for the course. #facts Not all orthos are heavier, but the histograms support the added weight due to the magnetic structures used in their drivers. Again, do you NOT acknowledge this?

And there is more to comfort (as I mentioned previously and you conveniently missed) than the weight, but the design of the headband is a big player too. As I mentioned, the Empyreans are heavier than 3/4 dynamic headphones here, but still quite a bit more comfortable and it's not even close.

Attachments

• upload_2019-9-23_23-27-2.jpeg
    upload_2019-9-23_23-27-2.jpeg
    20 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Sep 23, 2019 at 11:59 PM Post #4,832 of 12,975
Whooo.........some guys on this forum are taking this a bit too seriously. Kind of like being back in the schoolyard as a kid!

A few weeks ago Betula was fair game, now MacedonionHero. I have enjoyed posts from both of these members and both have added insight, at least for me.
You mean 3 o’clock high that was a good movie

Sep 24, 2019 at 12:01 AM Post #4,833 of 12,975

Averages on the bottom. This is all I was saying before you started in. Generally speaking orthos are hindered by their heavier magnetic structures...par for the course. #facts

And there is more to comfort (as I mentioned previously and you conveniently missed) than the weight, but the design of the headband is a big player too. As I mentioned, the Empyreans are heavier than 3/4 dynamic headphones here, but still quite a bit more comfortable and it's not even close.
you're qualifying your position on this again. what you actually said before i "started in" is what i quoted back to you in post #4835 above. the folks who corrected you by providing several examples of "orthos" that are not heavy, didn't misread your posts and neither did i. i don't know what you hope to gain by trying to argue around the point rather than just acknowledging that you were mistaken.

Sep 24, 2019 at 12:11 AM Post #4,835 of 12,975
you're qualifying your position on this again. what you actually said before i "started in" is what i quoted back to you in post #4835 above. the folks who corrected you by providing several examples of "orthos" that are not heavy, didn't misread your posts and neither did i. i don't know what you hope to gain by trying to argue around the point rather than just acknowledging that you were mistaken.

You do realize heavy is a relative term right? Not many in the 300g range. :wink:

Funny how you can ignore data and questions posted to you. Need to pick up more spray tomorrow.

Sep 24, 2019 at 12:12 AM Post #4,836 of 12,975
'And Now for something Completely Different'..................Empy's!!!!!!!!!!!!

I keep trying...as mentioned the folks at Meze know comfort! I can have these on my head for hours and forget I have a pair of headphones on.

Sep 24, 2019 at 12:23 AM Post #4,838 of 12,975
I just paid for my gsx mini today. Got it in satin blue. Can’t wait to pair it with my Empyrean which by the way I wore for 6 hrs with no issues.

Sep 24, 2019 at 12:28 AM Post #4,839 of 12,975
Here's a diversion..................Looking forward to your GS-X mini review, @MacedonianHero!

Thanks! It is complete. Just waiting on final editing and to be scheduled. It pairs brilliantly with the Empyrean! Brilliant control across the spectrum and still very musical.

Sep 24, 2019 at 12:28 AM Post #4,840 of 12,975
Sorry about that guys, I should have never asked LCMusiclover about the Rosson here, didn't think it would become this. Anyway. ultimately the Empy has decent weight, high comfort level by most standards and a great tonal balance too. It's a wonder they managed to achieve all of that.

I am looking into getting a "Black and Gold" pair. Hopefully they come to the US soon, if not...... I wonder can it be direct ordered yet from Meze?

Sep 24, 2019 at 12:30 AM Post #4,841 of 12,975
I just paid for my gsx mini today. Got it in satin blue. Can’t wait to pair it with my Empyrean which by the way I wore for 6 hrs with no issues.

Congratulations! You should be very happy with this combination! I certainly am! I think these are the only headphones I could use for 6 hours straight.

Sep 24, 2019 at 12:41 AM Post #4,842 of 12,975
More then weight it’s the weight distribution and clamping force that makes or breaks a headphone comfort. I have Verite ziricote which weighs 550g without cable. However I don’t feel it’s weight due to its even distribution

Sep 24, 2019 at 12:49 AM Post #4,844 of 12,975
My satin blue mini

I heard them in Canjam NY driving Susvara and it had more then enough juice in it for HIFIMAN.
I don’t remember the sound signature but how do you find this pairing

Sep 24, 2019 at 1:18 AM Post #4,845 of 12,975
You do realize heavy is a relative term right? Not many in the 300g range. :wink:

Funny how you can ignore data and questions posted to you. Need to pick up more spray tomorrow.
you say that now but you're the one who described "orthos" as 'heavy" in absolute terms.

i'm trying to keep you on point by ignoring your attempts to divert the discussion away from the blanket statement that you made about "orthos", which was corrected by other forum members. this really isn't worth trying to save face over. better to acknowledge that you were mistaken and move on.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back