1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Meze EMPYREAN - the First Isodynamic Hybrid Array Headphone

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by MezeTeam, Feb 9, 2018.
First

Back
313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322
324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333
Next

Last
  1. MacedonianHero Contributor
    upload_2019-9-23_23-27-1.png

Averages on the bottom for these flagship level headphones. This is all I was saying before you started in. Generally speaking orthos are hindered by their heavier magnetic structures...par for the course. #facts Not all orthos are heavier, but the histograms support the added weight due to the magnetic structures used in their drivers. Again, do you NOT acknowledge this?

And there is more to comfort (as I mentioned previously and you conveniently missed) than the weight, but the design of the headband is a big player too. As I mentioned, the Empyreans are heavier than 3/4 dynamic headphones here, but still quite a bit more comfortable and it's not even close.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2019
  2. Bonddam
    You mean 3 o’clock high that was a good movie

nwavesailor likes this.
  3. up late
    you're qualifying your position on this again. what you actually said before i "started in" is what i quoted back to you in post #4835 above. the folks who corrected you by providing several examples of "orthos" that are not heavy, didn't misread your posts and neither did i. i don't know what you hope to gain by trying to argue around the point rather than just acknowledging that you were mistaken.

4. nwavesailor
    'And Now for something Completely Different'..................Empy's, please!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited: Sep 24, 2019
  5. MacedonianHero Contributor
    You do realize heavy is a relative term right? Not many in the 300g range. :wink:

Funny how you can ignore data and questions posted to you. Need to pick up more spray tomorrow.

6. MacedonianHero Contributor
    I keep trying...as mentioned the folks at Meze know comfort! I can have these on my head for hours and forget I have a pair of headphones on.

7. nwavesailor
    Here's a diversion..................Looking forward to your GS-X mini review, @MacedonianHero!

Jvincent likes this.
  8. Bonddam
    I just paid for my gsx mini today. Got it in satin blue. Can’t wait to pair it with my Empyrean which by the way I wore for 6 hrs with no issues.

9. MacedonianHero Contributor
    Thanks! It is complete. Just waiting on final editing and to be scheduled. It pairs brilliantly with the Empyrean! Brilliant control across the spectrum and still very musical.

10. mixman
    Sorry about that guys, I should have never asked LCMusiclover about the Rosson here, didn't think it would become this. Anyway. ultimately the Empy has decent weight, high comfort level by most standards and a great tonal balance too. It's a wonder they managed to achieve all of that.

I am looking into getting a "Black and Gold" pair. Hopefully they come to the US soon, if not...... I wonder can it be direct ordered yet from Meze?

11. MacedonianHero Contributor
    Congratulations! You should be very happy with this combination! I certainly am! I think these are the only headphones I could use for 6 hours straight.

12. kumar402
    More then weight it’s the weight distribution and clamping force that makes or breaks a headphone comfort. I have Verite ziricote which weighs 550g without cable. However I don’t feel it’s weight due to its even distribution

13. nwavesailor
    My satin blue mini

IMG_3860.JPG

Narayan23, betula, Rowethren and 3 others like this.
  14. kumar402
    I heard them in Canjam NY driving Susvara and it had more then enough juice in it for HIFIMAN.
    I don’t remember the sound signature but how do you find this pairing

15. up late
    you say that now but you're the one who described "orthos" as 'heavy" in absolute terms.

i'm trying to keep you on point by ignoring your attempts to divert the discussion away from the blanket statement that you made about "orthos", which was corrected by other forum members. this really isn't worth trying to save face over. better to acknowledge that you were mistaken and move on.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2019
First

Back
313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322
324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333
Next

Last