1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Meze EMPYREAN - the First Isodynamic Hybrid Array Headphone

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by MezeTeam, Feb 9, 2018.
First

Back
312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321
323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332
Next

Last
  1. up late
    they're all "orthos" regardless, which you described as heavy. i might be mistaken but doesn't the abyss ab-1266 have an array of magnets on one side of the driver only? it's still heavy.

2. MacedonianHero Contributor
    It’s double sided. And the frame takes up quite a bit of mass on its own.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2019
  3. up late
    thanks for clarifying that. i could've sworn that the original abyss had a single sided array of magnets but nvm. anyway, i think it's been shown here that "orthos" per se aren't heavy.

4. MacedonianHero Contributor
    Compared to dynamic headphones or stats they are due to the magnets , and double sided orthos are heavier still, par for the course and not an issue for me either way.

5. up late
    fine, but you are prepared to acknowledge that "orthos" aren't necessarily heavy right?

btw, the original abyss ab-1266 did use "one-sided magnetic drive" as tyll described it in his innerfidelity review.

6. MacedonianHero Contributor
    They are heavier than dynamic/stats by nature due to the magnets needed. Plus double sided orthos are heavier due to double the magnets. That's all I said, and that's all I'll acknowledge. Par for that course. Headband design can certainly help (or hurt) in the weight department and again, ortho weight has never been an issue for me whatsoever as it's only 100-200g (for our non-metric friends, that's not very much).

kid vic likes this.
  7. LCMusicLover
    Not heavier than my Blackwood Auteur :ksc75smile:

8. MacedonianHero Contributor
    You do realize that there are histograms here and the ortho histogram is on the right, dynamic in the middle and stat on the left. Use a lot of wood and you will add weight. There is overlap. And I personally don't understand the issues with any of the headphones mentioned.

9. up late
    this is what you posted:
    you were corrected by way of several examples but rather than acknowledge that you were mistaken, you are attempting to qualify what you originally posted as an absolute

10. MacedonianHero Contributor
    I never stated an absolute...you read that in. It was generally speaking and you misread that...like you usually do. There are always exceptions and there are histograms at play, but as I stated, orthos' histogram is on the right of the other two types (dynamic and stat). I'm wrong all the time...and responding to your post was definitely an error.

They do use larger magnetic structures being orthos (especially double sided drivers). Do you deny this fact?

Let's see if this works:

upload_2019-9-23_22-50-12.png

Jvincent and kid vic like this.
  11. up late
    i didn't misread your post and nor did the other folks who corrected you. and be careful with that aerosol as it may be harmful to your health.

12. nwavesailor
    Whooo.........some guys on this forum are taking this a bit too seriously. Kind of like being back in the schoolyard as a kid!

A few weeks ago Betula was fair game, now MacedonionHero. I have enjoyed posts from both of these members and both have added insight, at least for me.

betula and kid vic like this.
  13. MacedonianHero Contributor
    If it works, I'm glad to continue its use.

Do you deny that orthos by nature use larger magnetic structures over dynamic and stats and thus hindered as a result? #facts

Looks like we need a bit more spray here...might need to run to the store.

14. ken6217
    How about you guys taking this private. This Is the Empyrean forum.

Jvincent and kid vic like this.
  15. up late
    that's beside your point and an attempt to divert the discussion away from it.

spray away but don't say that you weren't warned. you'll probably try and twist that too.

First

Back
312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321
323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332
Next

Last