1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Meze EMPYREAN - the First Isodynamic Hybrid Array Headphone

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by MezeTeam, Feb 9, 2018.
First

Back
293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302
304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313
Next

Last
  1. twister6 Contributor
    Had a pleasure to test and to review Empyrean. What a pair of headphones!!! Just shared the review on my site and will post it soon on Head-fi.

meze_empyrean-25.jpg

Since I'm more into "portable" setup, my two favorite pair ups were with Cayin N6ii and with XI Audio Broadway S amp (on battery).

meze_empyrean-02.jpg meze_empyrean-03.jpg

2. latestyle
    Yes. To my knowledge these are custom silver. I believe sonically the same animal but couldn't resist the shiny, pretty thing!

Rowethren likes this.
  3. betula
    All Empyreans look effectively the same right after CNC machining. The colour comes later with the anodising process. This picture is from Meze's website. The finish of the 'silver' version looks more like 'gunmetal' to me.
    emp-32.jpg

Last edited: Aug 15, 2019
  4. erik701
    I also see also different cable, which is included with your Empyrean. Is that one of the early demo pieces, which Meze presented on the shows?

5. ken6217
    Evidently there was a finishing process afterwards

6. LCMusicLover
    Well done, as usual :gs1000smile: :ok_hand: :beers:

Your description of the differences in the sound of the pads
    There is a noticeable difference in sound using either leather or Alcantara earpads. With leather pads I’m hearing mid-bass to have a more pronounced punch, mids having a fuller body and more natural tonality with a more intimate presentation, and treble being more natural and smoother. With Alcantara, bass is a little more neutral, mids are more transparent and a little brighter with slightly more out-of-your head presentation, and treble has more sparkle and airiness.

For my own personal taste, I preferred a more natural balanced tonality of leather pads, giving the sound a more intimate organic feeling while bringing you closer to the stage. But since both are included, you can decide for yourself which one you prefer better.
    exactly match mine, except that I would have concluded:
    Once again, 'Your ears, my ears' and thanks for a great review!

mixman and saudio7 like this.
  7. latestyle
    Hi, Erik. It's an aftermarket cable, Habst 5N Silver.

erik701 likes this.
  8. saudio7
    Exactly the same conclusion @LCMusicLover thanks for comment:L3000:

9. mixman
    Spot on with your pad summary. I prefer the Alcantra pads as they open the soundstage up a lot. On the leather pads the soundstage is just too crowded. This is why hybrids pads are needed.

tradyblix likes this.
  10. Darthpool
    I was Just talking with Tim from Kitsune HiFi, it sounds like he just got in 2 more Empyreans for sale and I’m pretty sure Headphones.com also just got a couple in as well if people are still on the hunt to purchase these. I didn’t realize they were so hard to get. I’ll be giving my demo unit a solid listen this weekend before I send them back to Kitsune HiFi (hence how I found out they just got two in)

11. kumar402
    Wow didn’t know that these are getting hard to get

Darthpool likes this.
  12. ken6217
    If someone is looking for a new pair of headphones at a great price from an authorized dealer, PM me.

It's not me BTW.

Darthpool likes this.
  13. Darthpool
    Yeah, I didn’t think they were tough to get either? Who knew lol...well I guess people trying to buy them ASAP lol

14. nwavesailor
    Bought mine from Tim at Kitsune. Good dealer!

Darthpool likes this.
  15. mixman
    Yep some dealers have a 3 week wait. These are popular now.

First

Back
293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302
304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313
Next

Last