1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Meze EMPYREAN - the First Isodynamic Hybrid Array Headphone

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by MezeTeam, Feb 9, 2018.
First

Back
275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284
286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295
Next

Last
  1. racebit
    deleted

Last edited: Jul 11, 2019
  2. betula
    Let's just focus on the Empyrean instead of music sharing. My bad for starting it. Music is personal, Empyrean is universal. :)

3. LCMusicLover
    This would be the place :)

What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please read them.

or, maybe:

Asian music (Chinese, Japanese, Korean)

Although, occasional forays into '...this track sounds really great on...' posts are relatively low on the 'You cluttered up this thread' offenses :)

They would fall completely off the list of offensive post types if they took the form of:

'Here's a track which illustrates how well mumble reproduces some audio characteristic'.

Jvincent likes this.
  4. Jvincent
    @LCMusicLover Way to bring this back to the topic at hand in a positive way. That being said I don't think I've listened to anything through the Empyrean that didn't sound good. It doesn't make poor recordings sound great but it shows both poorly recorded music and some of the best recordings in a way that you can appreciate and enjoy both.

5. naynay

Last edited: Jul 12, 2019
  6. naynay

Just received delivery of my Meze Empyrean serial number 176 inspected 14.12.18
    Should i be concerned with the low serial number of 176 as it was mentioned a while back in this forum where there Meze Empyrean were serial number 700.
    Would not want to think i have been given a pair that had been returned by a customer some time back and then sent to me as i have paid for a new pair full price.

Any thoughts

Thanks.

7. kumar402
    It may not be a returned item but an old stock at your dealers place.

8. ken6217
    I wouldn’t be concerned. The dealer might’ve had a lot of stock that he ordered a while ago and didn’t sell that many. As a matter fact I know a dealer here in New Jersey that ordered six or so that he received back in February and he still has some.

9. Jvincent
    My guess would be who you purchased them from has had them for a while. inspected dec of 18 would fit with the serial number 176. i purchased mine about 2 months ago and my serial number is somewhere around 200 and was inspected in jan or feb of 19 if i remember right. The dealer i purchased from had held onto them for a few months looking for buyers, still came in the original cardboard box with the aluminum case inside, was apparent the cardboard box had never been opened.
    Hope this helps.

10. naynay
    Dealer told me he had to order them in so seems a little suspicious?

11. Jvincent
    Ask him about it, nothing wrong with wanting information. give the dealer the benefit of the doubt first though, if you go looking for a fight you're bound to find one. Ask where he ordered from and why the serial number is so low as new headphones from Meze are reported to be over #700 now.

12. naynay
    I did notice on the side that says open it has a second layer of clear tape asthough it has been repackaged and even the tape on the bubblewrap inside had been tampered with?

13. Jvincent
    hmmm, does seem a little suspicious. doesn't mean it wasn't just opened to verify contents or anything like that though. If I were in your shoes I would inspect the headphones very thoroughly and make sure they are in perfect condition. Outside of that talk with the dealer and see what he has to say. If you are happy with the appearance and the performance of the headphones after that its up to you; how you feel about the possibility of it being second hand etc? If things do get more suspicious between yourself and the dealer I would 1. not use them again and 2. email Meze and explain your interactions (keep your correspondence between the dealer and yourself as proof in case Meze has questions). Meze would very much want to know if anything shady was going on with the sale of their products.

As far as returning the headphones to the dealer/ refunding or discount I'm not sure what options you have and would have to talk with the dealer on that as well.

Best of luck and keep us updated. I'm not in the UK but there are others who may benefit from knowing of your situation.

14. ken6217
    Is another dealer that you can purchase it from? I would just tell them that you’re returning it and you want a refund if that’s the case.

Bern2 likes this.
  15. betula
    I wouldn't worry too much about the serial number as long as you are happy with the headphones. Some retailers must have older stock. (6 months? Is that really old?)

I bought mine at the end of June, was inspected at the end of May. The seller only had it for two days. Serial number is mid 700s.

First

Back
275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284
286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295
Next

Last