1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Meze EMPYREAN - the First Isodynamic Hybrid Array Headphone

First

Back
217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226
228 229 230 231 232 233
Next

Last
  1. bimmer100
    When I hear the term “splashyness” I think of USB ports with packet noise causing smearing of the top range. Common when using most laptops as a source. And desktops do it too. But common usb issue.

Currawong and jinxy245 like this.
  2. Hifiearspeakers
    Lol!

Deftone likes this.
  3. jinxy245
    Keep in mind I'm also using a D/S DAC, which also could play a part...chain is important.

4. thecrow
    No. I agreed with your previous post

5. BlueThunder
    I’m eager to audition these and the 4Zs (which I really like) at the same time. Really difficult to find somewhere in London that has them both in stock!

6. CaptainFantastic
    You expect us to feel sorry for your audiophile shop options in London? Spare a thought for those of us in cities of 100,000 souls and hours away from the closest metropolis. :)

Bern2 and BlueThunder like this.
  7. BlueThunder
    Yeah, perhaps I should count my blessings, but heck, you’d think there would be somewhere.... :gs1000smile:

8. CaptainFantastic
    A couple of weeks ago someone gave me a few quick comparison points between the Empyrean and the 4z. See above, some 50 posts back I would guess.

EDIT - this is what @CreditingKarma said on April 4 re 4z vs Empyrean:

I have not heard the mx4. I have listened to the empyrean and own the LCD 4z. I enjoyed both but find the 4z to be the one that I like more The empyrean is more comfortable from a weight standpoint for sure. If just listening to the empyrean I like the sound signature. It is after listening to the 4z I find the empyrean to have leaner mids but is a bit more airy. In terms of bass the 4z has more and reaches deeper and is faster to me. I find the resolution on both to be good and it could be a toss up. I would say that the empyrean is a bit like if the utopia and LCD 4 had a love child. If you enjoy the mx4 I highly recommend give the 4z and empyrean a listen maybe even the diana phi.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2019
  9. BlueThunder
    I would say that the empyrean is a bit like if the utopia and LCD 4 had a love child

That was the bit that caught my attention. I thought i’d prefer the Utopias, but the 4Z won by a nose, so maybe the Empyrean would be a decent compromise. (Although it sounds like i’d like both)

10. thecrow
    In case you haven't read this this might be of interest. See google translate
    https://musicalhead.de/2018/11/20/t...meze-empyrean-audeze-lcd4z-mrspeakers-ether2/

Currawong, jinxy245 and BlueThunder like this.
  11. freesole
    Just purchased a pair of the Empyrean's new! Very excited :L3000:

Going to pair this with the Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ for now. I may add a tube amp to the chain eventually (LTA MZ2 or Feliks Euforia).

tradyblix and kumar402 like this.
  12. Currawong Contributor
    I’m thinking the “splashiness” impressions art the result of individual treble sensitivity and/or music and gear set-up. I find that the Empyrean is pretty revealing of upstream components.

It’d be good if someone who feels they are “splashy” would describe with what music, gear and approximate volume they were listening at. That would be interesting.

13. iemcamp
    Just go back to your D8000 thread and prepare to defend your beloved ones when someone at last discovers this 6k peak that disqualifies Finals.

14. Hifiearspeakers
    I don’t need to defend a pair of headphones because I’m not married to them. We like what we like and we hear what we hear. It doesn’t bother me if someone doesn’t like a pair of headphones I own. I just give my honest opinion.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2019
    Pharmaboy, kid vic, Quinto and 5 others like this.
  15. LCMusicLover
    If you were, would it be polygamy, or bigamy?

Whichever, I'm certainly guilty :ksc75smile:

First

Back
217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226
228 229 230 231 232 233
Next

Last