Meze Audio LIRIC - The portable isodynamic hybrid array headphone
Nov 17, 2021 at 10:24 AM Post #166 of 1,488
Sorry didn't see an answer anywhere, so are the earpads genuine leather or pleather? Thank you.
I wonder if anyone could help clarifying whether the earpad is genuine leather or PU (protein) leather? I believe the headband is made of genuine leather and I'm a bit worrying of peeling off a year or so later if PU earpad is used, based on my painful experience of toys. . .

The earpad is hybrid PU leather and Alcantara. (Sorry for the quality of the photo).

Liric earpad.jpg

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Nov 17, 2021 at 11:35 AM Post #167 of 1,488
On going project already. The Copper and Silver-plated PCUHD upgrade cables will be available in both mXLR (for Empyrean and Elite) and 3.5mm TS headphone connectors (for Liric). Depends on the timing of supply chain, they should be available in 1.5 to 2 months time.

Maybe you should ordered your Liric and tried it out in your system to determine whether you want the copper or the silver-plated cable. Don't just assume silver-plated is always better, its can be a matter of synergy between your amplifier and the Liric.
I like to keep both around (I have both for my Empyrean) since I have several amps to plug into. Also, I sometimes appreciate a change in sound for a while with a simple cable switch. Variety is the spice of life! :wink:
Cheers and Thanks! :beerchug:
-HK sends

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2021 at 12:26 PM Post #169 of 1,488
So the earcups are PU Leather, what material is used for the headband?

So if they are PU Leather - assuming that's the material used in most Sony's headphones - we have to replace them pretty often, at least every 2 years, so now the question is how much the headband and earcups replacements are going to cost?

Nov 17, 2021 at 12:37 PM Post #170 of 1,488
  1. First of all, we’ve secured the ear pads to the ear cup, in order to achieve a faultless alignment of the vents. Thus proper airflow around the driver is ensured and pressure on the membrane is reduced.
  2. Nevertheless, the ear pads are replaceable. If someone wants to replace them, several options will be provided, and one of the options (may) be a replacement kit for users who want to do it themselves (with a video explaining the procedure). We'll treat each case individually, depending on the customers’ needs and possibilities

Got an answer

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2021 at 3:07 PM Post #172 of 1,488
Just got confirmation that ny pair is on its way, should be here tomorrow

Nov 17, 2021 at 5:30 PM Post #175 of 1,488
i applaud the use of PU "leather" - it also fits the style and other materials of these headphones better than dead animal parts. (This is the anti-Rognir in some ways)
Plastic that will be in a dump in a few years. I will take the dead animal parts. Thanks. Especially for $2000 thousand dollars.

Perhaps a leather option for non vegans? They make leather pads for the other Elite.

Nov 17, 2021 at 5:33 PM Post #176 of 1,488
If the Liric can give a good taste of the Elite for two grand, it would be more affordable option for a lot of people.

Nov 17, 2021 at 5:33 PM Post #177 of 1,488
Thanks!

Our XBass tech is in general liked, but our 3D spacing filter is a more polarizing affair that some people like a lot, while others won't engage it no matter what. On some recordings it does a lot though and in a way to not dilute imaging.
I can't figure why y'all company hasn't made a dedicated eq that utilizes your bass circuit. Your bass boost was most natural sounding for all headphones I had before selling ICan Pro. I've had to resort to Schiit with no idea if their Lokius can compete with iFi. Basically I'd have that active 100% unless using TH900. With the Liric 100% just to get even more then it already has.

Plastic that will be in a dump in a few years. I will take the dead animal parts. Thanks. Especially for $2000 thousand dollars.

Perhaps a leather option for non vegans? They make leather pads for the other Elite.
As a man born from the Mohawk Indians throwing animal parts after killing for food is a crime never waste what another life gave you. My Grandma she still alive tie me to a post for that.

I have eagles feathers because law permits me. My children are not as their blood is too thinned out by the laws.

Nov 17, 2021 at 7:51 PM Post #178 of 1,488
i applaud the use of PU "leather" - it also fits the style and other materials of these headphones better than dead animal parts. (This is the anti-Rognir in some ways)
I prefer human leather myself, but really hard to come by. Plus, others really have issues with that over dead animals, better pricing too. 🎃

Nov 17, 2021 at 8:07 PM Post #180 of 1,488
I'd rather eat dead animals like chicken, cow, lamb and sheep than having their skins on my earpads. But chicken burger filled with ketchup, tomatoes, onions, pickles, cheese as earpads... Hmmm yummy! I'm hungry!

Okay okay, I had to, sorry 🤣

Users who are viewing this thread

Back